IE bug in Tango crashes OS - reproducible?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
0711 over at XDA forum reports a new problem with IE under Tango. read the details here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1757597
some other users can reproduce the issue. My only option after the crash it to reboot the phone. Pretty solid crash.
anybody else can reproduce this? It takes some time, details on how to crash this on the XDA thread above. In my case (desktop version) of the Bild.de site I have to open the entire frontpage and move around, zoom in and out, move around etc. Eventually it crashes and the only option is to reboot via power button on my LG Quantum.

cheers.

Last edited:

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
0711 over at XDA forum reports a new problem with IE under Tango. read the details here:
Massive Windows Phone Tango IE Bug? - xda-developers
some other users can reproduce the issue. My only option after the crash it to reboot the phone. Pretty solid crash.
anybody else can reproduce this? It takes some time, details on how to crash this on the XDA thread above. In my case (desktop version) of the Bild.de site I have to open the entire frontpage and move around, zoom in and out, move around etc. Eventually it crashes and the only option is to reboot via power button on my LG Quantum.

cheers.
I have tried now 3 times to reproduce the error and mine flows smooth the whole time.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
It's probably related to force updating to tango or using the cab sending method and other impatient measures because back for mango the same things happened.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It's probably related to force updating to tango or using the cab sending method and other impatient measures because back for mango the same things happened.

possible, 0711's post doesn't state whether he used the cab update or not. I assumed his Lumia got the update pushed via Carrier. Can you clarify "the same things"? IE crashed the entire OS? I have not seen this reported anywhere. would you mind posting a link?

Last edited:

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
can anyone check www.blick.ch in mobile mode? the links seem unclickable for some reason. I can still scroll just fine on the page, just can't click on any links. It does work once in a while, but this wasn't an issue before the update. The non-mobile version seems to work fine. I'm using the Lumia 710.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
can anyone check Blick in mobile mode? the links seem unclickable for some reason. I can still scroll just fine on the page, just can't click on any links. It does work once in a while, but this wasn't an issue before the update. The non-mobile version seems to work fine. I'm using the Lumia 710.

It worked just fine for me using the Samsung Focus Flash.

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
did you wait for it to completely load before you clicked on any links? it seems to be happening when the yellow banner in the middle of the page wants to scroll...then it seems to create a 2nd layer causing the links to be unclickable...who knows. I did verify however that it isn't Tango related. It doesn't work on someone elses Lumia 710 that hasn't been updated..

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
did you wait for it to completely load before you clicked on any links? it seems to be happening when the yellow banner in the middle of the page wants to scroll...then it seems to create a 2nd layer causing the links to be unclickable...who knows. I did verify however that it isn't Tango related. It doesn't work on someone elses Lumia 710 that hasn't been updated..

I just tried again. I was able to get it to do it once, but just closed that tab and went back and it worked just fine. I even let it load and sit for a while before I clicked anything and it worked. But I will say it seem liked it was kinda screwy, maybe it really isn't optimized for mobile very well.

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I just tried again. I was able to get it to do it once, but just closed that tab and went back and it worked just fine. I even let it load and sit for a while before I clicked anything and it worked. But I will say it seem liked it was kinda screwy, maybe it really isn't optimized for mobile very well.

Thanks! I contacted the webmaster and they said they will investigate it. I'll try to send them a photo of what it looks like when it happens. It's been working fine for the past few months, so they must've changed something in the coding recently that broke it. For me it works maybe 1 out of 3 tries, but if I click on the yellow banner to scroll thru the events it locks up the banner and then nothing works. So I'm fairly certain it's related to that one element. So we'll see what they can figure out.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
It's IE detecting a f***ing disaster of a website and giving you a tangible cue to stop navigating there.

That said, bild.de fails to hang my device. Buttery smooth scrolling with all images loaded, Omnia 7 on 8779.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans