Force update troubles...

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys,

I'm currently trying to get my HTC TITAN (unbranded, on Three) running on Tango (on 8107 at the minute), but am struggling. I've tried 3 or more things to no avail.
  1. Remove the 3 SIM, and switch the phone back on
  2. Reinsert the SIM, found update checker takes 4 seconds, disconnect computer from internet after 2 (with phone on Flight Mode)
  3. Then found it took 6 seconds, so disconnected PC after 4 seconds (with phone on flight Mode)
  4. Insert an O2-UK SIM, connect it up, turn Flight Mode off, and try and update

None of these worked, so I'm at a complete stump here... Anyone know what to do?

anon(5344488)

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried to force the update with my HD7 for days with Bell here in Canada, with no luck. I think my problem was that Bell has no plans to bother offering the tango update, so there was no update on the server to force.

So I gave that up, totaly frustrated, and took the risk and downloaded the update cabs and firmware from XDA Forums and did the update myself. Was well worth it from my perspective as i'm happy with the result. I got wifi tethering, which is another thing Bell wouldn't give its customers, with the firmware update. And the phone runs a lot smoother I think.

Doing the update yourself isn't for everybody, you can mess up your phone if things go wrong. But if you're getting impatiant with your carrier, this is one way to make it happen today! :D And who doesn't like instant gratification ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12