The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Anybody see this ZDNet article?

Why in the world would anybody buy an Amazon or Facebook phone? I'm sure both will be loaded with adverts. And why does this loooozar seem to suggest that WinPhone won't even compete with cRapple & Hemroid?
    07-12-2012 06:13 PM
    Looks like this is real! This article says there in testing.
    palandri likes this.
    07-12-2012 08:31 PM
    The Kindle Fire was successful, so I guess they think an Amazon phone will be successful with all the people who bought a Kindle Fire.

My wife has a Kindle Fire and I know she likes it for all the magazine subscriptions she has, along with a few books she bought.
    07-12-2012 09:45 PM
    Not too successful... at least the hardware isn't. I read today that those Kindle's are sold at a loss! So they must be making money on the software (books, games, mags, etc) Also the Kindle OS is pretty crappy too. I've never seen a K-Fire but I bought my mom the one that came out before the K-Fire.
    07-12-2012 11:07 PM
    If I had to guess, and if this phone is actually real, Amazon is going to market this as an MP3 player. Probably bundle it with Amazon Prime membership and take advantage of their cloud services. Kindle Fire = Reader, Phone = MP3 Player.
    07-13-2012 12:32 AM
    Depending on the specs, I might buy this device. My primary interest in a device is powerful web surfing and, as a pay-as-you-go user, I am very sensitive to retail phone prices. A Galaxy S III for me is $600+! If Amazon can give me cutting edge specs for $200, I am definitely in.

Yeah, I'll miss WP; but, this platform really isn't gaining any traction and Microsoft clearly doesn't know what's it doing dumping all WP7 users. Microsoft might really need this userbase to prop up WP8! And what about WP9? Is Microsoft going to dump everybody again for x86 devices? I'll become a WP user again when Microsoft holds another "Smoked By Windows Phone" event. I have all the respect in the world for Microsoft; but, Microsoft will have to keep throwing money at me to keep me as a user.
    Last edited by Sentimentgx4; 07-13-2012 at 04:37 AM.
    07-13-2012 04:29 AM
    07-13-2012 04:32 AM
    Depending on the specs, I might buy this device. My primary interest in a device is powerful web surfing and, as a pay-as-you-go user, I am very sensitive to retail phone prices. A Galaxy S III for me is $600+!

If Amazon can give me cutting edge specs for $200, I am definitely in.
    Na I think i'll be maybe the iphone 4S 16gb price. they need something good. and cheap crap hardware is not good for a smartphone. except the 900 of course. and of course Wp8 will gain traction. 3 screens is the future
    Last edited by 12Danny123; 07-13-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    07-13-2012 04:36 AM
    What's really important is why this guy thinks Winphone won't even be a 3rd option! I had this in the Winphone section but they dumped it here for some reason.
    07-13-2012 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD