Windows Phone 8 has NFC but ...

backslashV

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Earlier last month Microsoft revealed that WP8 will support NFC. But I was wondering if it only supports NFC PAYMENTS it won't be enough. it'll be a great idea to use NFC tags anywhere (NFC tags went popular when the Xperia S came out.) Or use it to unlock your car's door or your hotel room's. What do u think. Do u think it is limited to the payment only?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I would expect that it's more full featured than just payments. Even if it doesn't launch supporting some features, since the hardware is there, it should be simply software upgrades that can enable further functionality.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I would expect that it's more full featured than just payments. Even if it doesn't launch supporting some features, since the hardware is there, it should be simply software upgrades that can enable further functionality.

Not to mention MS is giving devs access to Native Code for WP8 so I imagine there will be a plethora of apps available to further bolster its functionality.

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
WP NFC is only limited by the retail/consumer industry. Once they catch up and start deploying NFC payment options in retail stores, hotels and else where WP will be fine

anon(5344611)

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
If Windows 8 is any indication (and there's no reason it wouldn't be), there'll be a full-featured API available for developers to take advantage of NFC.

I, for one, can't wait to try it out for stuff like syncing app content between phone/phone and phone/tablet, or sharing it with a friend just using a tap.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss