So here's the deal. I've had my gen 1 focus and i love this phone up until last week when i dumped the thing in the creek. i have insurance on it but i have a $50 detectable and with my contract ending in Dec i decided not to get it fixed because i want to get a wp8 Nokia set. So here i am using my girlfriends old galaxy 2 phone as a replacement until then.

The android system has to be the most infuriating OS to use. seriously as i write this the rage is building inside me. i mean apps crash for no reason. emails show up hours late. AND THE KEYBOARD !!! omg ! And j have to vent here because my gf has an iphone so she doesn't want to hear it. and this phone is basically new. she had it for 2 months and went back to the iphone. so here's to a long 5 months.

is this common think for the android system?
    07-13-2012 03:56 PM
    I've got the same sentiments, but with the iPhone :@

There isn't a day that goes by, that I want to just smash the thing to tiny bits. I'm just biding my time for the roll out of WP8 to see if it's worthy. If it isn't, I'm going to dump everything and go back to a land line.
    07-13-2012 04:11 PM
    BUT THE CUSTOMIZATION!

And no, you're not the only person to complain about those exact same things. Have you upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich yet?

Though I hear it will not get Jelly Bean due to hardware limitations.
    07-13-2012 04:15 PM
    So here's the deal. I've had my gen 1 focus and i love this phone up until last week when i dumped the thing in the creek. i have insurance on it but i have a $50 detectable and with my contract ending in Dec i decided not to get it fixed because i want to get a wp8 Nokia set. So here i am using my girlfriends old galaxy 2 phone as a replacement until then.

The android system has to be the most infuriating OS to use. seriously as i write this the rage is building inside me. i mean apps crash for no reason. emails show up hours late. AND THE KEYBOARD !!! omg ! And j have to vent here because my gf has an iphone so she doesn't want to hear it. and this phone is basically new. she had it for 2 months and went back to the iphone. so here's to a long 5 months.

A free install of Swift Key X and setting it as the default will help alleviate some of your keyboard woes, but as for the rest... Android is a hot mess. Sorry. Upgrading to 4.0 OS (aka Ice Cream Sandwich) might help a bit.
    07-13-2012 04:18 PM
    A free install of Swift Key X and setting it as the default will help alleviate some of your keyboard woes, but as for the rest... Android is a hot mess. Sorry. Upgrading to 4.0 OS (aka Ice Cream Sandwich) might help a bit.
    Im not updating. last time i tried i had to do the 3 button hard reset. you're right about a mess.
    07-13-2012 05:32 PM
    Can't you sell it and get a different phone? Don't Galaxy S II's go for $300+ on eBay?
    07-13-2012 07:05 PM
    Due to problems with my trophy I've been using an android phone for the last two weeks (htc rezound). The main things I find myself missing from the trophy are the lock-screen music controls, keyboard and lock-screen calender notifications. The only time I notice that this phone isn't fluid is when I pick up the trophy and use it for a bit. I've updated this phone to ice cream sandwich and that did add some polish. I had a motorola droid before the trophy and that was a pretty bad experience. This rezound isn't bad at all. It has a better camera, notifications are better and the screen is better. All in all while I plan on going back to WP8 this hasn't been the horrible experience some on here have had.

I guess what I'm trying to say for the op is that there might be something wrong with the phone you're using. My sister-in-law has the Galaxy S2 and she loves it.
    07-13-2012 08:36 PM
    That's why I like to say there is no such thing as "Android". Its more like "Androids" because the user experience is completely different across OEM's and time.

For example, you could be running Sense, Touchwiz, or stock Android. Then you have all the different versions from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich to Jelly Bean. If you want flexibility its great but if you are looking for a consistent user experience then that will never happen.

That being said, Sense 4.0 running ICS on the HTC EVO LTE is actually quite usable and is making the wait for Windows 8 to drop on Sprint a helluva a lot easier. If I had to stick with my Arrive it would have been a painful wait.
    07-14-2012 12:51 AM
    Try erasing the phone and starting from scratch
    07-23-2012 06:36 AM
    Due to problems with my trophy I've been using an android phone for the last two weeks (htc rezound). The main things I find myself missing from the trophy are the lock-screen music controls, keyboard and lock-screen calender notifications. The only time I notice that this phone isn't fluid is when I pick up the trophy and use it for a bit. I've updated this phone to ice cream sandwich and that did add some polish. I had a motorola droid before the trophy and that was a pretty bad experience. This rezound isn't bad at all. It has a better camera, notifications are better and the screen is better. All in all while I plan on going back to WP8 this hasn't been the horrible experience some on here have had.

I guess what I'm trying to say for the op is that there might be something wrong with the phone you're using. My sister-in-law has the Galaxy S2 and she loves it.
    Everything you are complaining about missing is all there. Lock screen music controls(use Google music) calendar updates on home screen(plenty of different options). If you all stopped being so narrow minded, you might be able to give credit to other operating systems and possibly see why WP has 1-2 % market share. I listen to the WP podcast and I'm always shocked how little Dan knows about android, yet he feels he can speak to its problems. If you guys want to control the market and have a great OS, you need to stop trying to convince people WP is the best thing around and start demanding a better ecosystem with better apps. WP has a very long way to go and I hope they put out a great product in WP8. I think having a choice between os is great but your guys comments are so ridiculous I had to say something. Cheers! Can't wait to see what this invokes.

MEZOCLONE
    MrBurrrns and chrisz5z like this.
    07-26-2012 03:24 AM
    Everything you are complaining about missing is all there. Lock screen music controls(use Google music) calendar updates on home screen(plenty of different options). If you all stopped being so narrow minded, you might be able to give credit to other operating systems and possibly see why WP has 1-2 % market share. I listen to the WP podcast and I'm always shocked how little Dan knows about android, yet he feels he can speak to its problems. If you guys want to control the market and have a great OS, you need to stop trying to convince people WP is the best thing around and start demanding a better ecosystem with better apps. WP has a very long way to go and I hope they put out a great product in WP8. I think having a choice between os is great but your guys comments are so ridiculous I had to say something. Cheers! Can't wait to see what this invokes.

MEZOCLONE
    Thank you. Really, thanks. The hate for other platforms gets so out of hand sometimes, it's ridiculous...
    07-26-2012 03:38 AM
    I understand your frustrations, I have an iPhone 4, HTC Titan, and Samsung GS2. The SGS2 is up for sale because I hardly use it and modding is really boring for me now, iP4 stays as a backup phone, and the Titan is my companion. Like any other multi-user will say, every OS has its ups and downs, pros and cons, good and bad or whatever you call it. It's a users choice. If you like the interface and you find it easy to use or suits your everyday needs, then stick to that thing. But if you dont really have a choice then you have to learn something from it, and from there you can actually see that it does the exact same thing compared to that other platform, although in a different way. I'm not saying you have to get used to it, but try to be less abrasive on the platform you find irritating, explore it for a bit and you'll find that this platform can go further than it is right now.
    07-26-2012 06:25 AM

MEZOCLONE
    I'm not exactly sure where in my post I said android was some horrible experience as others in this thread have said. Yes I do have lock screen music controls (running ice cream sandwich), but they don't work with stuff like slacker or iheartradio. I have put calender widgets on the lock screen but I don't really care for them, but I do have a widget on the home screen so it accomplishes the same thing. As far as keyboards I haven't found one that compares to the WP keyboard. If you read my entire post the point I was trying to make is that the phone the op is using shouldn't be closing apps and acting up because that isn't normal. The android I'm using doesn't do that. I do prefer WP, but android (at least high end android) isn't that bad and the app selection is nice. Odds are I will upgrade to WP8 but that certainly isn't written in stone.
    MrBurrrns likes this.
    07-26-2012 07:54 AM

MEZOCLONE
    Maybe you didn't see the name of the website "Windows Phone Central". What you want us to recommend Blackberry?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    poxme likes this.
    07-26-2012 08:00 AM

hey Mjrshred,

you could always try to add a cook ROM on the GS2 , thats what i did for my G-f's GS2
    like a JB ROM or something, I dont think they are ready yet but they are coming.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1790033

should fix some issues and hold you off till WP8 :)
    MrBurrrns likes this.
    07-26-2012 08:14 AM
    Maybe you didn't see the name of the website "Windows Phone Central". What you want us to recommend Blackberry?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Ha the point wasn't that you all should be recommending android. I think its great we have so much choice right now in mobile. I love all!!!! these little computers we all carry around with us, and I like to know what's going on with all platforms and what every platform has to offer. I know this is a WP forum but I don't see any problem bringing up this topic here, that's like saying you're a Republican, you can't agree with a democrat. I'm personally very excited to see what windows 8 brings to the tablet space. I would love a tablet I could watch movies and mess with apps on and at the same time switch over and open an IDE and work on a project. If they can make it work my wallet will jump out of my pocket and flop open:p..............after all that I'm just saying look around a bit, but I think you should use what works for you.

MEZOCLONE
    07-26-2012 08:01 PM
    Thank you. Really, thanks. The hate for windows phone platform on its own forum gets so out of hand sometimes, it's ridiculous...
    I concur
    07-28-2012 03:01 AM
    Thank you. Really, thanks. The hate for windows phone platform on its own forum gets so out of hand sometimes, it's ridiculous...
    I concur
    Was that supposed to be funny?
    07-28-2012 04:31 AM
    Was that supposed to be funny?
    I thought it was the truth. At least how I see it
    07-31-2012 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD