Anyone else find the landscape keyboard a bit small?

TallPaul86

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I've owned an HTC HD7, Dell Venue Pro and, now, a Nokia Lumia 900 and have found the portrait keyboard to be OK however i do prefer the extra real estate a landscape on screen keyboard offers however does anyone else feel the keyboard could be bigger?

I see that when you rotate the keyboard to landscape (for this example, i rotated my device 90 degrees anti-clockwise so that my earspeaker is on the left hand side) there's a gap from where the keyboard starts to where the screen ends (roughly about 1cm) and a similar gap is on the right hand side where you have your 3 options of Send, Attach and Voice Dictation buttons are...

I feel these 1cm gaps at either side of the keyboard force your thumbs to adopt a cramped typing style i feel personally... Is there a way to make the keyboard wider or adopt a 3rd party on screen keyboard?

HerronScott

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree that wider would be better. Currently have a Quantum with a physical keyboard so not a problem but hope they change this in Windows Phone 8 in case I can't get a physical keyboard on my next phone.

Scott

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium