Can You Delete Marketplace Apps from your list online?

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
OK, I've vaguely remembered reading similar threads but cannot find 1 right now. I'm wondering if there is any way of deleting the apps you may have downloaded trial issues of and no longer use or have need of from your Marketplace account list. I'm like others who see an app, download the trial, don't have a use for it and uninstall it from my phone. But, when I go through my list of "purchased" apps it shows everything I have installed at one time or another onto my phone. Even the ones I download the trial for and then purchase the app, I show both in my list. Even the WPCentral app, shows 2 different versions of. I think I recall seeing multiple versions of other apps on the list also, yet nothing showing which version is which.

Is there a way to remove those that I no longer have any need or desire for or am I stuck with the multiple pages of apps?

Thank You

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
OK, I've vaguely remembered reading similar threads but cannot find 1 right now. I'm wondering if there is any way of deleting the apps you may have downloaded trial issues of and no longer use or have need of from your Marketplace account list. I'm like others who see an app, download the trial, don't have a use for it and uninstall it from my phone. But, when I go through my list of "purchased" apps it shows everything I have installed at one time or another onto my phone. Even the ones I download the trial for and then purchase the app, I show both in my list. Even the WPCentral app, shows 2 different versions of. I think I recall seeing multiple versions of other apps on the list also, yet nothing showing which version is which.

Is there a way to remove those that I no longer have any need or desire for or am I stuck with the multiple pages of apps?

Thank You

I would like an answer as well. Every time I have hard reset my phones for various reasons: hd7, Lumia 900 and Titan II, I have noticed that the carrier apps double. I have now 10 versions of T-Mobile TV on my list online as well as any other ones which I don't have access too. I have Nokia Drive listed 3 times, I am assuming the reason for this is because I reset my phone 3 or more times...which is true.... I find this annoying because I am no longer on T-Mobile and don't have a Nokia device so it is listed many times, yet I can't download them (like I want too outside of the Nokia apps)

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know there's no way to do this. I too would love to have the ability to remove apps from the list, since I've tried a lot of different apps over time that I no longer have installed.

That page really seems quickly hacked together to begin with. No way to go to the previous page, no indication of how many pages there are, no way to skip to the beginning/end of the list. But for some reason they took the time to encrypt the url parameter so you can't just type in the url to jump to a page. Why they would do this is beyond me.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
That's my problem too. I find it hard to believe that some of the other power users and app aficionados who trial, rate and evaluate apps don't have a way to edit their lists to keep them manageable. I'm nowhere near that level and I have quite a few pages of apps on my list, to also include the multiple listings for the same app like was stated earlier. Only difference is, mine are from Sprint/HTC and they don't show there are any specific versions or if they are in fact the same app.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, I've still been searching, asking, Looking, reading, Googling, Binging and so far it seems like it's a lost cause effort to be able to remove no longer wanted apps from the app list of your account.

I find it hard to believe, yet again, that Microsoft does not allow for something like this. At least having a separate list through Zune or something that would show currently installed apps and previously bought, trialed apps and allow for better management of the list. Did they think people would only install a few things and not uninstall items?

Does Droid Market or Apple store allow for this function? Just wondering.

Thanks

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
That's my problem too. I find it hard to believe that some of the other power users and app aficionados who trial, rate and evaluate apps don't have a way to edit their lists to keep them manageable. I'm nowhere near that level and I have quite a few pages of apps on my list, to also include the multiple listings for the same app like was stated earlier. Only difference is, mine are from Sprint/HTC and they don't show there are any specific versions or if they are in fact the same app.
I keep track of all my installs and deletions using two lists in One Note. App name, developer & cost is all I need. Sorted alphabetically. Update the list once a week. Also sync with my phone. With 200 current installs, an absolute must.

When I need to do a fresh install on a new or hard reset device, I print out the list and start pecking away in Marketplace. Tried the Reinstaller app the day I got my L900, but it was bugging out, so I did it the old fashioned way.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

safesax2002

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Tried the Reinstaller app the day I got my L900, but it was bugging out, so I did it the old fashioned way.

Reinstaller doesn't really help though does it since it would reinstall everything? Or can you pick and choose. If you can pick and choose, can you check boxes or do you have to do it one at a time.

My feeling with one at a time is you might as well use the web interface. At least then you don't have to wait for Reinstaller to scan all the apps again, over and over and over.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Reinstaller doesn't really help though does it since it would reinstall everything? Or can you pick and choose. If you can pick and choose, can you check boxes or do you have to do it one at a time.

My understanding is you can pick them all at one time but then need to manually approve each install. So that's a little easier than searching for each app by name. Not sure though, if Reinstaller can discern between a trial and paid version of the same app. Really dumb that Microsoft keeps both on the list.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
That's how I used Reinstaller. You can select which apps you want and then sit there for awhile after and keep approving the install.

The problem still is though, all those apps you tried and don't want anymore cluttering up the list. It downloads the list from Marketplace so an app you've ever tried is in there, including the multiple versions of the same app. You just don't know which version your installing until after you install it. That's been one of my main complaints for Marketplace, particularly for the OEM specific apps that seem to just pile up on each other. I think, at last count, I have 3 or 4 HTC Hub apps in my list.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss