A want to see better demo units :)

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
When I walk into a Bestbuy or Rogers the WP demo unit is very boring and basic. We need to help spice it up the more attractive the demo unit is the more potential sales :)

So what applications would you like to see on a demo unit

Here are a few apps I would include

1. Weatherflow
2. Markets & Me
3. USA Today
4. BBC News Mobile
5. MetroTube
6. Fuse
7. Groupon

What other apps would you recommend on a demo unit :)

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
a great demo unit would be a surface tablet simulating all the windows phone devices available in the store. including full 360 degree views of the device you can rotate. and the different color choices for the device. might not be that realistic but its a forward thinking idea

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
a great demo unit would be a surface tablet simulating all the windows phone devices available in the store. including full 360 degree views of the device you can rotate. and the different color choices for the device. might not be that realistic but its a forward thinking idea

Why would that be better than an actual phone someone can play with?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
They do need a better demo app. something that keeps the images on screen moving a lot. Most of the times, the demo units I see all have bad burn in.

anon(5344611)

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd say install the most used, brand name apps (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Netflix, Flixster, Spotify, Allrecipes, etc.) so people see for themselves there's a great amount of apps available. Then pin the better looking ones, and the ones with live tiles, so they compare with what they have on their phone.

And if I can say so myself, I'd recommend Note+, as it showcases the Metro Design Language, has a live tile, and the theme and accent color are customizable, so it fits in any start screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes