Why I'm selling my Lumia 900 and buying a Focus (yes, first gen)

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I have tons of phones, the lumia, my focus flash, and quantum *sigh* just to name daily drivers.

However, I've been sorta worried lately. Worried about WP8 and how my lumia's resale value will drop-big time.

I just sent my Lumia 900 into repair for a camera button lock screen issue and the camera itself displays blue lines during picture taking. As it sounds, Nokia might just send me a new phone. Not for me though.

Why? I'm selling it. I love the phone, best phone ever, but...

I'm switching to the first generation Samsung Focus. I simply love the design and it is really easy for me to hold and type on (the best WP yet for that).

Now your sitting there going, "WTF? He bought a first generation device over the lumia? That's messed up."

I only paid $36.17. With shipping and everything.

It's worth it to me.

And...I can't lie here...I'm taking a break from Windows Phones. Sure, I'll still be using a Windows Phone-but .... drumroll please ... I'm switching to the Google Galaxy Nexus.

Android isn't as nice as the Windows Phone, but I feel the need to explore. I already own an iPhone. Jelly Bean looks-really good.

I even bought a matching Nexus 7 tablet (which btw STILL hasn't shipped and I ordered July 3rd).

So long Windows Phone! Until November.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Sounds legit to me; i dont think the lumia was that special hardwarewise. I just said so long until wp8 as well. Couldnt handle the lack of attention my att titan was getting.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Sounds legit to me; i dont think the lumia was that special hardwarewise. I just said so long until wp8 as well. Couldnt handle the lack of attention my att titan was getting.
Well he didn'thave to be so negative about wp. He's lying ican tell. What a doughebag. Negative people who hate wp in saying it in front of me is an instant hate on my list.

Still deciding if this dude goes on it.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Well he didn'thave to be so negative about wp. He's lying ican tell. What a doughebag. Negative people who hate wp in saying it in front of me is an instant hate on my list.

Still deciding if this dude goes on it.

That's pretty harsh. It sounds like he wants to wait for 8 to come out before he jumps back. That's his prerogative.

I'm really enjoying my WP experience so far - but it has its shortcomings like any other device. Frankly I'd like to be in the position to have a long term trial with all the devices and get a feel for them.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty harsh. It sounds like he wants to wait for 8 to come out before he jumps back. That's his prerogative.

I'm really enjoying my WP experience so far - but it has its shortcomings like any other device. Frankly I'd like to be in the position to have a long term trial with all the devices and get a feel for them.
Hmm. I really don't accept people lying in front if me. If they lie. Then they are on my hate list. Dead simple.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Enjoy Jelly Bean. The new notifications are excellent, and Google Now is awesome.
I agree with. You just wait for tellme's wjuch is basically that video. I think that siri is the most robotic voice assisant there is. Not comparing right now's tellme though. But yea. Google now is quite interesting. No doubt ms got something better and much more advance

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
12Danny123... gonna need ya to ease up on the gas there, buddy. He was stating an opinion in which I believe as I've been thinking that I want to go back to my Focus S over my Lumia 900.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
12Danny123... gonna need ya to ease up on the gas there, buddy. He was stating an opinion in which I believe as I've been thinking that I want to go back to my Focus S over my Lumia 900.

Y'all Gud point. Need to calm down. But I've anger management

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
i can easily tell he's not coming back. If you don't like wp. Just admit it for god sakes

Wow, seriously? Lol. I'm not lying here, I love the Windows Phone, but I'm taking a short break.

I think Jelly Bean is a bit more broad and customizable, of course I'm staying with two phones, nexus and focus.

Ever try staring at the same thing for two years? Yeah, it gets old.

I'm taking a break. I thought I made that clear.

As soon as WP8 comes out I'll probably get a nokia wp8 device, just chill, k?

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

That's my point-I've had some great moments with Windows Phone, and always will, but with this whole situation with WP8 being right around the corner, I'm going to take a break.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm smiling, not lying.

Oh sorry mate. It's just I have a girlfriend.she's very strict and doesn't accept lying. I'm basically the same. I am not gonna tolerate again. For what happened last time. Oh ****? I may be popular, stylish and social. But that doesn't mean I'm not strict. And not have high expectations on stuff. But I'm puberty so why not.

But man. I got anger management. What can you expect? I need to have meds for 5 years. My 1st year :(.

But I once learned knife throwing. When I was angry. I threw a knife and it went into the wall and right between the person's neck

Last edited:

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm sort of in the same situation. I actually started my own thread awhile back.

I don't blame you for taking a break from Windows Phone. I too am worried about the dropping resale value. I have a Dell Venue Pro, HTC Titan, and HTC Titan II that I am probably going to sell. Plus, the fact that I can't send or receive MMS messages on the HTCs really bothers me.

I really am going to miss Windows Phone, though. I'll probably be using an Samsung Exhibit II or an iPhone 4 in the meantime. I obviously won't like it, but 4 months? I think I'll manage.

I'll totally stick around WPCentral though. Got to stay informed about the latest rumors about WP8!

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I had my Android experience while waiting for the Lumia. Up until November I was all BB (the Bold 9700 was the best phone I had ever had). Had an android for three months until Lumia was available in DK. It was thrilling at first, all the apps and options You could dream of, but it just became to messy and I spent more time fine tuning options than using the phone.

WP is much nicer in everyday use even with the lesser possibilities.

But enjoy the Android experience. I trust we will be seeing You again ;-)

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Hope you enjoy your Android experience! I think you'll find that with Jelly Bean, Android is no longer what you may think it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb