More on windows phone 8 emulator : screen shots of new feature

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I imagine those office icons are going to change by release... they're not metro-fied yet.

Excited by the new accent colors. A silver and dark grey (not black) might nicely round out the "duller" (more distinguished?)) colors there. I also do not, unfortunately, see the dark blue I was crossing my fingers for - but oh well.

Curious as to why they don't open the palette up for tons more colors than this, and just restrict certain colors like pure white or pure black if they didn't want things meshing with the background, but oh well.

MMS APN is a good thing!

eshy

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Was playing with the emulator a little and while I saw a lot of nice things, it still looks like an image for developers which means it's missing a lot of features.
Also, some of the best features were implemented as APIs (Skype integration for example, was implemented as a voip integration API, so you can't see it in the emulator without the WP8 version of the Skype app)

I like being able to back up photos in high quality (you can choose which quality to upload, the higher quality requires wifi)
and of course backing up the app lists will make it easier if you upgrade your phone. that was a feature a lot of users asked for.

downloading maps for offline (same as nokia drive today) is useful, if you don't want to waste your cell data plan on downloading maps all the time.

but the feature people like us will probably like the most is the 'check for updates' button. yes, an actual button you can tap and get the 'your phone is up to date message) instead of having to plug into zune (I guess that's because updates will be OTA and zune won't exist anymore). hopefully it will be easy to sign up for the early release (or as it should be called, beta program) and get wp8 updates faster

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The added features definitely do look impressive. I'll be giving this a good look when the first WP8 phones are released. I refuse to give Apple any more of my money and I most likely won't buy another Android phone unless it's a Nexus device. I loved WP7 but the missing features and IE9 made me leave. I really wouldn't mind getting a WP8 phone and tablet so I could stick to one ecosystem.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
There's alot off great features here, it makes me wonder what exactly 7.8 will get because most of these upgrades don't seem to extensive they just seem simple and make the whole OS more customizable. It seems like this is a early build of the API so I think there alot there missing but I definitely like all the new changes and features it gets me really excited now we just need some dang release dates and carrier support!

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh man I'm so hyped. I want more news, more more more!

moar-cat.jpg

Edit: Sweet Battery Saver tells you the battery percent without entering the app.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Was playing with the emulator a little and while I saw a lot of nice things, it still looks like an image for developers which means it's missing a lot of features.
Also, some of the best features were implemented as APIs (Skype integration for example, was implemented as a voip integration API, so you can't see it in the emulator without the WP8 version of the Skype app)

I like being able to back up photos in high quality (you can choose which quality to upload, the higher quality requires wifi)
and of course backing up the app lists will make it easier if you upgrade your phone. that was a feature a lot of users asked for.

downloading maps for offline (same as nokia drive today) is useful, if you don't want to waste your cell data plan on downloading maps all the time.

but the feature people like us will probably like the most is the 'check for updates' button. yes, an actual button you can tap and get the 'your phone is up to date message) instead of having to plug into zune (I guess that's because updates will be OTA and zune won't exist anymore). hopefully it will be easy to sign up for the early release (or as it should be called, beta program) and get wp8 updates faster
Hahaha! OTA updates were also announced for Windows Mobile 6.5. I pushed that button monthly and never once received an update. Therefore, I will believe it when I see it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro