Outlook.com Calendar webpage shows Hotmail Calendar webpage

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just a weird question about the new Outlook.com. I converted my old LiveID to Outlook.com. Everything looks fine, except my calendar.

When accessing Outlook.com via web pages, and I select Calendar, it brings up my old Hotmail/Live calendar web page. Is this normal?

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine does it as well. I guess the calendar part has not been updated yet. I am sure they will get around to it soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
They haven't released the updated skydrive and calendar sites yet that fit in the rest of the outlook brand yet, so they still default to the old sites - I would think they will be updated before windows 8 is released, the skydrive updated is expected in the next couple of weeks, not sure when for the calendar.

You can see what the updated version of the skydrive site will look like here.

Last edited:

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I wish I knew all of this before I spent a few hours trying figure out what went wrong. :mad:

I would also like to slap the person in charge who decided to roll out outlook.com half baked.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I wish I knew all of this before I spent a few hours trying figure out what went wrong. :mad:

You did notice where it said Outlook Preview (or something like that). Google does this all the time with beta versions of everything. Difference here is that Outlook Online will be an elegant experience on or before October 26th.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

suvastallions

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just a weird question about the new Outlook.com. I converted my old LiveID to Outlook.com. Everything looks fine, except my calendar.

When accessing Outlook.com via web pages, and I select Calendar, it brings up my old Hotmail/Live calendar web page. Is this normal?

Outlook.com is being rolled out just for testing with current hotmail, live and MSN users. It's the beta version. The calendar etc are still under development.

Victor85

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
4 months further and still there is no official statement from Microsoft if this still is going to happen?

Change from Hotmail to Outlook Calendar please.

Nikumba

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
4 months further and still there is no official statement from Microsoft if this still is going to happen?

Change from Hotmail to Outlook Calendar please.

Agreed, I have moved over from Google to Outlook.com and the Calender really lets the whole experience down at the moment

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, I have moved over from Google to Outlook.com and the Calender really lets the whole experience down at the moment

Could not agree more. I finally moved everything from google to outlook.com and I goto the Cal and BAM, I see the old live stuff. I always hated Windows Live.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm more annoyed that holidays no longer show up in the calendar, at least for me in the UK. But I agree with you guys, it would be nice for continuity across their services.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Calendar is being reworked in a big way, the update is coming, but it won't come overnight. I hardly visit the online page, but everything works great from my phone.

Nikumba

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Oh I have no doubt an update is coming, probably this summer once the Hotmail migration has been completed.

Now if they could improve the calendar app to something useful on the phone that be great

dba415

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
This is a microcosm of the issues Microsoft is having with Windows Phone. Always a step behind of delivering the complete package, and no communication with the public.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750