Outlook.com Calendar webpage shows Hotmail Calendar webpage

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft's status website for many of its online services is reporting a disruption to normal operations to many of its online services as of about 5:35 PT/ 8:35 EST. Included in the disruption to normal operations are Hotmail, Outlook.com, Calendar, and Skydrive.

Psycmeistr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Let's just say that I am thoroughly underwhelmed with the new calendar on the web. Gone are the specific local weather forecasts (you have to click the icons instead of just glance at them); also gone is the "next four weeks" view. The old calendar was much more functional.

Why "upgrade" to something that has fewer features than what the supposed "downgrade" had?

Nikumba

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Let's just say that I am thoroughly underwhelmed with the new calendar on the web. Gone are the specific local weather forecasts (you have to click the icons instead of just glance at them); also gone is the "next four weeks" view. The old calendar was much more functional.

Why "upgrade" to something that has fewer features than what the supposed "downgrade" had?

I like it, also what do you mean by the next 4 weeks view, i never really used the old calendar, but it shows a month on the screen a simple scroll down shows the next month etc

So not sure where the problem is

didi1

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I used 4 weeks view all the time. Viewing in month in a window, you can't see the end of the month. 4 weeks view allowed you to move the first week or 2 off the screen to see the rest of the month when they've already passed.

Psycmeistr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Yep: This:

I used 4 weeks view all the time. Viewing in month in a window, you can't see the end of the month. 4 weeks view allowed you to move the first week or 2 off the screen to see the rest of the month when they've already passed.

There is no use to having events that have already passed still on your screen, while events that are to come are blocked off from ready view.

Personally, I had my old Hotmail calendar on 4-week view at all times, and found it to be quite handy.

Additionally, if the projected low-temp/high-temp weather forecast would be restored, it would be helpful; a lot easier to just glance rather than to have to click each separate icon for each day. A small, but nice feature, to be sure.

Last edited:

Nikumba

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Went to add in a new appointment to my calendar through the website, and noticed there was nothing on Wednesday despite the live tile on my phone saying there was.

Turns out on the live tile it was an event from Facebook which is fine, so why does it not show on my calendar on outlook.com? If you can connect to Facebook for my contacts, for messaging, why on earth can you not pull down my Facebook events into my calender?

Psycmeistr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Went to add in a new appointment to my calendar through the website, and noticed there was nothing on Wednesday despite the live tile on my phone saying there was.

Turns out on the live tile it was an event from Facebook which is fine, so why does it not show on my calendar on outlook.com? If you can connect to Facebook for my contacts, for messaging, why on earth can you not pull down my Facebook events into my calender?
On the old calendar, the different types of events (Facebook, etc.) were color coded; additionally, one could select which events (Facebook vs. Live vs. Calendar) would show up. All those controls were available on the left-hand sidebar, which is now missing.

Lean & mean is one thing, but taking away what were great features and going minimalist retro is not the way to go.

Psycmeistr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
OH BLOODY HELL!!! Can you add the 4-week view already???? Is it REALLY THAT MUCH OF A FREAKING HASSLE?????

It's the end of April, and April is all I see. I can' t see into the beginning of May and the end of April at one time--

AGAIN--HOW IS IT NEW AND IMPROVED WHEN IT'S MISSING SOME OF THE FEATURES OF THE OLD CALENDAR???

FOR CRIPES SAKE!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
U can now use outlook 2013 with hotmail. It has hotmail connector built in. outlook 2013 has a 4 week view. Another option is to look at the week view. Lastly you can easily switch back and forth between months :)
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Psycmeistr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
That still does not solve the problem of why the current offering does not do the same things as the previous offering. I don't have Outlook. Why the need to use work-arounds in the first place? If I wanted to use Outlook 2013, I'd get Outlook 2013. The previous online Hotmail calendar met my needs just fine. This is like switching from Windows 7 features and reverting to Windows 95. There's no rhyme nor reason to it.

Give me something I can work with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos