WP8 Advantages Over Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow so much here anyway:
1. Google docs isn't nearly as good or as compatible as SkyDrive and Microsoft office docs. I know this because I had a group project last semester and we used google docs, they couldn't even open the .docx files I uploaded,I had to reupload them in standard .doc format in order for them to be able to open it. That wouldn't have been the case with SkyDrive which supports collaboration as well.
Software and Services cannot fix issues between the keyboard and the chair.

Everyone who does colaborative editing on documents knows that unless you know everyone uses Microsoft Office (which can be safely assumed in a CORPORATE environment, but not necessarily anywhere else esp not in College they can have a Linux box for all you know) you should share Office Documents in Office 2003 .DOC format.

This isn't exclusive to Google Docs or SkyDrive (the latter of which will limit the kinds of edits you can do to a document that isn't in the latest Office XML format, and doens't even support pre-2010 versions of Desktop OneNote) - that goes for pretty much all non-Microsoft Office productivity software. In almost all cases, they will import the Office 2003 document in a superior quality to the Office 2010 document. Support for that version is simply superior because Office 2003 was on the market so damn long that everyone pretty much perfected their import filters.

It has been that way since Office 2007 released.

Additionally, even if you uploaded it in .doc (Word 2003) format functionality in Google Docs would be severely limited (just like using an old document format in SkyDrive) to the point that you couldn't do much with it until you converted it to Google Docs format. IIRC, you can't even edit the document which for all intents and purposes (unless it was just reference material) completely negates the whole point of putting it up there for a "group project" (that sounds so cute, though!).

2. Google music in the play store isn't free either, some songs are free while others you have to pay to even be able to stream them. Only thing that's free is muve music which is included in a cricket subscribers plan.

I'm talking about the services, not the music store.

If you want something similar to Zune Pass (a completely different type of *service* than Google Play Music), then you need to subscribe to a service like Sony Music Unlimited:

https://music.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

And then you can use it's associated app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sony.snei.mu.phone

To access the service. Alternatively, OEMs like Samsung have their own Music Hub services that they launched and is built into their phones.

Point is, Google Play Music is not comparable to Zune Pass, so I'm not sure why you even used it as a counter-example. You should have used something like Samsung Music Hub, which actually trumps Zune Pass for Value. All of these allow music purchasing without a subscription. Google charges for Storage, not services (like Streaming and Caching of DRM'd music to devices, or music matching like Music Hub or iTunes in the Cloud).

3. for that I'm going based off an analysis that Intel did on dual core androids. It was proven that android devices have inefficient use of the cores and it does more harm than good to have another core.
The same Intel that only produces single core x86 smartphone SoCs and competes with ARM SoC manufacturers? Say this isn't so? Aren't their Mobile Processors known for terrible battery life, BTW? Tit for tat...

In the future please provide a reference. Quoting without a reference amounts to a rumor. I found it, though.

It wasn't an analysis. It was some statements someone in head of Intel's Mobile division made in an interview. Only as reliable as you think it is because you think it supports whatever point you're trying to make.

Everyone knows you can regress performance of an app with poor multi-threaded application programming compared to a single-threaded version. We know this. That's basically what he said. It's nothing new and we've known this for decades, now.

Last edited:

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Well the GN has a newer version of android so it better have an improvement in battery life. Also the L900 has had a couple firmware updates since then which probably could've improved battery life.

Only people who are offended by what I say are android fanboys that keep invading our community, that's also reflected by how many likes I have vs how many you have.

Wow so much here anyway:
1. Google docs isn't nearly as good or as compatible as SkyDrive and Microsoft office docs. I know this because I had a group project last semester and we used google docs, they couldn't even open the .docx files I uploaded,I had to reupload them in standard .doc format in order for them to be able to open it. That wouldn't have been the case with SkyDrive which supports collaboration as well.

2. Google music in the play store isn't free either, some songs are free while others you have to pay to even be able to stream them. Only thing that's free is muve music which is included in a cricket subscribers plan.

3. for that I'm going based off an analysis that Intel did on dual core androids. It was proven that android devices have inefficient use of the cores and it does more harm than good to have another core.

you really keep using how many likes you have as some sort of rebuttal??

LOL

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Software and Services cannot fix issues between the keyboard and the chair.

Everyone who does colaborative editing on documents knows that unless you know everyone uses Microsoft Office (which can be safely assumed in a CORPORATE environment, but not necessarily anywhere else esp not in College they can have a Linux box for all you know) you should share Office Documents in Office 2003 .DOC format.

This isn't exclusive to Google Docs or SkyDrive (the latter of which will limit the kinds of edits you can do to a document that isn't in the latest Office XML format, and doens't even support pre-2010 versions of Desktop OneNote) - that goes for pretty much all non-Microsoft Office productivity software. In almost all cases, they will import the Office 2003 document in a superior quality to the Office 2010 document. Support for that version is simply superior because Office 2003 was on the market so damn long that everyone pretty much perfected their import filters.

It has been that way since Office 2007 released.

Additionally, even if you uploaded it in .doc (Word 2003) format functionality in Google Docs would be severely limited (just like using an old document format in SkyDrive) to the point that you couldn't do much with it until you converted it to Google Docs format. IIRC, you can't even edit the document which for all intents and purposes (unless it was just reference material) completely negates the whole point of putting it up there for a "group project" (that sounds so cute, though!).

I'm talking about the services, not the music store.

If you want something similar to Zune Pass (a completely different type of *service* than Google Play Music), then you need to subscribe to a service like Sony Music Unlimited:

https://music.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

And then you can use it's associated app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sony.snei.mu.phone

To access the service. Alternatively, OEMs like Samsung have their own Music Hub services that they launched and is built into their phones.

Point is, Google Play Music is not comparable to Zune Pass, so I'm not sure why you even used it as a counter-example. You should have used something like Samsung Music Hub, which actually trumps Zune Pass for Value. All of these allow music purchasing without a subscription. Google charges for Storage, not services (like Streaming and Caching of DRM'd music to devices, or music matching like Music Hub or iTunes in the Cloud).

The same Intel that only produces single core x86 smartphone SoCs and competes with ARM SoC manufacturers? Say this isn't so? Aren't their Mobile Processors known for terrible battery life, BTW? Tit for tat...

In the future please provide a reference. Quoting without a reference amounts to a rumor. I found it, though.

It wasn't an analysis. It was some statements someone in head of Intel's Mobile division made in an interview. Only as reliable as you think it is because you think it supports whatever point you're trying to make.

Everyone knows you can regress performance of an app with poor multi-threaded application programming compared to a single-threaded version. We know this. That's basically what he said. It's nothing new and we've known this for decades, now.

1. Everyone in my group had iPhones or windows PCs. The rest of the post you're pretty much refuting what I said.

2. Do these services also allow streaming of music videos in HD? Do these services also sync and track everything you've listened to and give recommendations based on it. You said they allow purchasing of music without a subscription, therefore it's no different than iTunes. With Zune you can stream the music without purchasing
you really keep using how many likes you have as some sort of rebuttal??

LOL

So you were able to get that out of everything else I said? Interesting, this isn't much of a rebuttal either.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Nothing inconsistent about it. The LG Nitro HD has terrible battery life and LG themselves rated it at 3 hours talk time. They're rated that way because that's how they performed when they were tested by the Manufacturers. Sometimes having a bigger battery doesn't erase battery life issues. It's why phones like the Atrix 4G still had mediocre battery life while something like a GS2 or SR on HSPA+ outperforms it with a smaller battery.

Additionally, screen technology and screen resolution, SoC type, sensors, software optimization, etc. also factor into battery life. Newer CPUs are more battery efficient, and something like a SAMOLED+ WVGA screen will not drain as much battery as a qHD backlid LCD screen. Therefore a phone like the GS2 could outperform something like a Titan II with a smaller battery just by virtue of it's more up-to-date hardware components. Skins like TW4/Nature and Sense 3.6/4 are a lot more optimized compared to Sense 3.x and TW 3 - their performance speaks for itself (esp on ICS). Android is also not GPU accellerated on more efficient GPUs, and up until Mango devices they tended to have more sensors in the phones than launch WP7 devices (which had no FFC or Gyro, for example, also no NFC).

And of course, the nature of Android and it's truer Multi-Tasking allows the device to run more apps concurrently than the average WP7/7.5 device. Why do you think Apple can get as good battery life in the iPhone 4/4S with a ~1400 mAh battery?

Think about it a bit, you're harping on something that really is unimportant in the grand scheme of things.
Yo there. Battery life ratings provide two criteria: Talk time and standby. Talk time is with the screen off, all third party apps off, and all radios except your GSM/CDMA radio turned off. So screen brightness, processors, etc. have nothing to do with it. Standby time is based on the same criteria, everything off except for the GSM/CDMA radio. No one (except me) systematically measures battery performance with data, screen on, and a multitude of push services.

I get your point though. Why would anyone who uses Android want to talk battery performance.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think battery life is overrated too, but I've never had a smartphone with good battery life. Two androids and a WP, all with poor battery life. If I was unable to get near a charger for a few hours I might feel different.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Yo there. Battery life ratings provide two criteria: Talk time and standby. Talk time is with the screen off, all third party apps off, and all radios except your GSM/CDMA radio turned off. So screen brightness, processors, etc. have nothing to do with it. Standby time is based on the same criteria, everything off except for the GSM/CDMA radio. No one (except me) systematically measures battery performance with data, screen on, and a multitude of push services.

I get your point though. Why would anyone who uses Android want to talk battery performance.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

obviously you don't get his point....

using old processors is not going to get you good battery life.

Wp7 phones have conistently some of the worst battery life because of their bargain bin components.

Most reviews also don't only use that criteria (who does these days??), many stream continuous hd video, or try it a few days under real world usage.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site

Wp7 phones have conistently some of the worst battery life because of their bargain bin components.

Most reviews also don't only use that criteria (who does these days??), many stream continuous hd video, or try it a few days under real world usage.
I really and truly do not understand why you are saying this. I have had three Androids ranging from 1.6 to 4.03 and also a week with GSM GN with JB. I liked them all for a variety of reason and I disliked them for a variety of reasons as well. None of them had battery life that comes par with my 900, the Vivid was the worst, dying by mid afternoon and the Atrix the best making it about 12 hours.

The GN with an extended OEM battery would make 24 hours.

I also don't understand the comment about "bargain bin " components but if those components give me a problem free device that does everything I did on my Androids and more, in a smooth stylish manner and lasts longer, then bargain bin is a definite bargain. :)

Last edited:

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Until we see how carriers support WP8, there's no advantage whatsoever. If there's still no, or limited options on three of the five major carriers, then it's pointless.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I really and truly do not understand why you are saying this. I have had three Androids ranging from 1.6 to 4.03 and also a week with GSM GN with JB. I liked them all for a variety of reason and I disliked them for a variety of reasons as well. None of them had battery life that comes par with my 900, the Vivid was the worst, dying by mid afternoon and the Atrix the best making it about 12 hours.

I also don't understand the comment about "bargain bin " components but if those components give me a problem free device that does everything I did on my Androids and more, in a smooth stylish manner and lasts longer, then bargain bin is a definite bargain. :)

the newest processors used are from 2009...

It actually is missing basic functionality like true volume control, it does an iota of what android can do.

For a basic user, great..

For someone who actually uses their phone as more than just a basic phone, not so great.

MY nexus destroys either of the wp7 phones I had in battery life (and functionality but that is a different topic). A lot of this has to do with more efficient processors. Newer tech isnt just a rat race, it does bring improvements.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

It actually is missing basic functionality like true volume control, it does an iota of what android can do.

For someone who actually uses their phone as more than just a basic phone, not so great.

MY nexus destroys either of the wp7 phones I had in battery life (and functionality but that is a different topic). A lot of this has to do with more efficient processors. Newer tech isnt just a rat race, it does bring improvements.

What's your point? We're all dumb phone user here?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I will agree that android can offer more functionality, but to compare WP to a dumb phone is really selling it short. There isn't much I do on my android that I don't do on my WP. I will go so far as to say my HTC Trophy in the hands of someone that knows how to use it can accomplish more than someone with a galaxy S3 that isn't as familiar with their phone.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I thought I ignored that detox fellow

Anyhow, to whomever said that battery life isn't a factor, please don't apply that to me. Out of all the smartphones I've had, every single one of then (except my blackberry curve) would die on me before work, and that was just on standby. My mytouch faired better but my lumia has lasted the longest.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I will agree that android can offer more functionality, but to compare WP to a dumb phone is really selling it short. There isn't much I do on my android that I don't do on my WP. I will go so far as to say my HTC Trophy in the hands of someone that knows how to use it can accomplish more than someone with a galaxy S3 that isn't as familiar with their phone.

not comparing it to a dumb phone, I meant basic things like checking facebook or twitter, sending email, etc...

To argue that better specs is pointless though blows my mind. (not you, but a common consensus on these boards)

Even to have an up to date single processor would probably double battery life and you would see a huge perfomance boost when it came to apps/games.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

May I remind you that you are on WPCentral?

I thought I ignored that detox fellow

Anyhow, to whomever said that battery life isn't a factor, please don't apply that to me. Out of all the smartphones I've had, every single one of then (except my blackberry curve) would die on me before work, and that was just on standby. My mytouch faired better but my lumia has lasted the longest.

unfortunately the ignore does nothing and is almost useless when people quote what he says.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
To stay on topic:

- live tiles. For me, they carry more information especially with contacts. Yes HTC and Samsung have similar features BUT what about for the different type of people you follow? I have four groups: family, coworkers, friends, and a twitter group. Each contain at least 8 people. It would take very long to see each of those contacts daily conversations on android and ios than it would on WP

- full social network integration

- Zune integration. The legacy paying members benefit from the monthly 10 free songs. And in my opinion, that gives it a one up over the competition. The only thing it lacks is social network listing, but Tweet It has a "now playing" live tile that I use

- better stock keyboard, imo

- notification system. Yes I know the vast majority hates WP notification system BUT for me it works. The glimpse and go really applies to people like me, and for notifications for my highly used apps they are on my start screen. I don't like android's notification bar because it can get cluttered and voicemails don't disappear unless you listen. I like apple's better

Things it doesn't have that I look at in other smartphones:

- accessories, mainly directed at the iPhone. I would looove to have some manufacturer to get on board with a group to make a lot of great cases and other things

- at the times I need it, flash

- downloading media files from the browser

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
1. Everyone in my group had iPhones or windows PCs. The rest of the post you're pretty much refuting what I said.

2. Do these services also allow streaming of music videos in HD? Do these services also sync and track everything you've listened to and give recommendations based on it. You said they allow purchasing of music without a subscription, therefore it's no different than iTunes. With Zune you can stream the music without purchasing

So you were able to get that out of everything else I said? Interesting, this isn't much of a rebuttal either.

1. Not sure what that has to do with what I said. On Google Drive to do colaborative editing you need the file to be in Google Docs format or a bunch of functionality is broken. Uploading a DocX is about as useful as uploading a WordPerfect 8 document to SkyDrive for this use case. Save the file in Office 2003 format like any intelligent person would. Support for DocX isn't nearly as ubiquitous. Why is that so hard to comprehend... Office 2010 will still open the 2003 format documents. Seriously, it's not hard...

Also nothing is stopping them from downloading it to their PC or iPhone and viewing it in the built-in or purchased Apps (even some reputable free Apps allow viewing AND editing on iOS so that's no excuse either). Google Drive doubles up as storage. I store files that Docs can't read in there all the time, but apps on my PC or phone CAN.

2. Video Unlimited | Sony Entertainment Network

Eye-popping 3D, 1080p, HD or SD available

Yes, you can stream HD to a mobile as well because I had the Sony Xperia Ion for a while and tried it. Worked real nice with the mHDMI port on that phone. Zune Pass is a paid service. You do not stream music videos for free. You stream them as part of your Zune Pass subscription, and they only added that in because they were tired of giving away 10 free tracks a month and needed an incentive for people to subscribe - otherwise it's really not much different than about 10 other services out there...

Music Unlimited allows you to Sync stuff offline and has the My Channels feature (similar, but not the same as, smart DJ). Look, stop asking me rhetorical questions about stuff you can easily look up. You obviously haven't used those other services. I have. I know what I'm talking about. Zune Pass isn't anything special... Really...

What I meant is that even if you don't subscribe to Music Unlimited you can still purchase music from them (and obviously you can purchase from Google Play, but it isn't a Streaming Service and never claimed to be, outside of streaming your stored/purchased tracks from your music Locker there - no different than Streaming from an Amazon Cloud Drive BTW!), the same way you can purchase iTunes Music/Videos/Music Videos without signing up from iTunes in the Cloud/iTunes Match. You cannot really be that bad at comprehending English...

Last edited:

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the galaxy s3 and its a great device. Smooth lag free and fast, but you just can't beat the beauty and social integration wp8 is going to have. I like android and will keep my s3 but will purchase a wp8 phone as soon as they are out. Every OS has strength and weaknesses you just have to find what suits you better

I had an S3 for three weeks. It was great at first but I started to really miss the games that WP7 had and how fluid it was. My S3 started to get pretty laggy and I micro-managed my memory and cpu usage constantly. After I was done with ANYTHING on the S3 I would hold the home button, go to task manager, kill all running apps, then clear the memory.

Every. single. time. It just feels like a phone that doesent take care of itself. Yeah I understand the very high amount of customization etc etc. But I want my phone to be my phone. Not a mini-computer where my service provider recommened I get a security app.

When i had sprit and the EVO 4G LTE every time I loaded up the sprint app there was a BIG RED exclamation mark next to "phone security" and recommened I downloaded mobile norton, AVG, or something else.

Then when I noticed that some apps will even put ads on your home screen and notification bar it made me really paranoid about downloading ANY app on google play. I also hate the fact that google automatically signs you up for accounts that you will never use like google plus, youtube... etc. I don't want accounts for all that crap.

I was constantly making sure my phone was safe and had clear memory and good cpu usage. Maybe I am just too OCD for android but I will take a "lesser" phone to have something I don't have to micro manage.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

This... And it goes beyond the SoC, there's a ton of components that are just old and/or using old technology that simply isn't as efficient. The reason why Apple is able to get as much out of their 1400'ish mAh batteries (in the iPhones) is because they use efficient components and optimize the crap out of the Drivers and Software. This is true for a lot of things, and this applies to some OEM Android devices as well, particularly those from Samsung (esp since the GS2) and to a lesser extent HTC.

If your BT 2.1 Stack uses more power than a BT 3.0/4.0 stack, no amount of "buttery smooth software optimization" will make it use less power than it does. Same for the SoC. The other guys would have to have absolutely abysmal drivers for those old processors to use less power than most of the Dual Core SoCs in use.

**Typo in my post I meant Android is NOW GPU Accellerated not "Not GPU Accellerated" and you're right he absolutely missed the point.**

The newer CPUs are more efficient just by virtue of their design. Newer BT stacks are more efficient just by virtue of their design. This applies to a lot of components. Even the RAM in the phone, or the Storage chips. It all adds up. Add on the fact that an Old SoC probably has an older less-efficient LTE radio tacked on to it, which can do a number on actual in-use time outside of talking (i.e. using your data connection in an LTE area). Talk time is a terrible metric by which to measure smartphone battery life, because smartphones are used these days predominantly NOT to talk by a metric ton of people, but rather to access services and consume content.

Data-based In-Use time is more important to a ton of smartphone users than Talk Time, especially for people like me who use over 2.5GB data a month but never use more than 80 minutes a month talk time. Don't think my phone is ever in danger of dying because I'm talking on it, you know.

I had an HTC Vivid on ICS and it lasted all day with moderate use, so I'm not sure what that issue was. Maybe it was the FW. The ICS added hours to that phone's battery life. Also factor in the Vivid has only a 1620 mAh battery, noticeably smaller than the 900's. That's something people always love to forget to mention :) It has a Dual S3 SoC, but a qHD LCD screen in lieu of OLED WVGA on the 900 (so the phone is doing more work than the 900 just by virtue of the number of pixels it's pushing) and it launched running sense 3.x on GB. Most people run a black background on their WP7 home screen, which saves battery on OLED screens. You can do that on a Samsung phone or some other with a SAMOLED or similar OLED screen, but you cannot do that on the Vivid since it is packing LCD. The Sense 3.0 FW wasn't that great for optimization. The Vivid gained hours of battery life going from 3.0/GB to 3.6/ICS. I used one for 29 days.

The Vivid was one of the first non-Nexus devices to recieve an ICS update (the first US non-Nexus device to get an ICS update, IIRC).

My issue with that phone wasn't battery life (that was more than fine), but size (it was big and heavy, esp with an Otterbox). It was simply too husky for my liking. Looked nice in white, though :-(

WP7 doesn't give you everything in Android and more. It's more than fine to have your preference, but don't stretch it. This can be objectively proven, you know...

By "bargain bin components," he's referring to Microsoft using older components to allow its hardware partners to get better volume deals on "on the outs" equipment as opposed to being forced to compete with Android and iOS in the spec race on more pricy components (which would lower their margins and/or raise the price of the devices as a result). It's not different than getting the old washed out games at KMart for $9.99 while the rich kids are buying the Skyrims, etc. on release date for $59.99. With all WP7 device manufacturers in that pool, it would have driven the costs for the components up, as well, since supply is already stretched thin in a lot of cases (i.e. Screen supply can be volatile).

WVGA display panels and old single core CPUs, old BT stacks (i.e. 2.1 instead of 3.0+HS or 4), etc. are components that have been relegated largely to mid-ranged and low-end devices since early to mid-2011... WP7 launched with hardware specs over 1 year out of the mainstream and has made little to no headway with Mango. It left a sour taste in people's mouths and it was slightly justified since we know how the Mango device upgrade plans to WP8 are going to pan out - largely due to hardware shortcomings.

Last edited:

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
1. Not sure what that has to do with what I said. On Google Drive to do colaborative editing you need the file to be in Google Docs format or a bunch of functionality is broken. Uploading a DocX is about as useful as uploading a WordPerfect 8 document to SkyDrive for this use case. Save the file in Office 2003 format like any intelligent person would. Support for DocX isn't nearly as ubiquitous. Why is that so hard to comprehend... Office 2010 will still open the 2003 format documents. Seriously, it's not hard...

Also nothing is stopping them from downloading it to their PC or iPhone and viewing it in the built-in or purchased Apps (even some reputable free Apps allow viewing AND editing on iOS so that's no excuse either). Google Drive doubles up as storage. I store files that Docs can't read in there all the time, but apps on my PC or phone CAN.

2. Video Unlimited | Sony Entertainment Network

Yes, you can stream HD to a mobile as well because I had the Sony Xperia Ion for a while and tried it. Worked real nice with the mHDMI port on that phone. Zune Pass is a paid service. You do not stream music videos for free. You stream them as part of your Zune Pass subscription, and they only added that in because they were tired of giving away 10 free tracks a month and needed an incentive for people to subscribe - otherwise it's really not much different than about 10 other services out there...

Music Unlimited allows you to Sync stuff offline and has the My Channels feature (similar, but not the same as, smart DJ). Look, stop asking me rhetorical questions about stuff you can easily look up. You obviously haven't used those other services. I have. I know what I'm talking about. Zune Pass isn't anything special... Really...

What I meant is that even if you don't subscribe to Music Unlimited you can still purchase music from them (and obviously you can purchase from Google Play, but it isn't a Streaming Service and never claimed to be, outside of streaming your stored/purchased tracks from your music Locker there - no different than Streaming from an Amazon Cloud Drive BTW!), the same way you can purchase iTunes Music/Videos/Music Videos without signing up from iTunes in the Cloud/iTunes Match. You cannot really be that bad at comprehending English...

1. You are stating that Google docs doesn't have the same amount of support that SkyDrive does, which is what I originally said.

2. I'm pretty sure music unlimited is a subscription service too. If they don't allow streaming then that doesn't make them better or more value than Zune pass. Zune still allows you to purchase music without a subscription as well. If I was with those other services and listening to music as much as I do I would've been bankrupt alot sooner. The amount of songs I listen to with my Zune pass by streaming or downloading far surpasses the cost of the Zune pass $45 or $30 for 3 months. If I were to buy every single one of those songs on the other services which don't allow free streaming or downloads I would've spent far more than $45 in the 3 month period. This also excludes the music videos, I'm sure you'd have to pay for each one too similar to how Zune used to be before the NXE update.

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
*guffaws*

Really? So folks make you post on here cause you feel the need to "correct" their opinions?

Not opinions. Everybody is entitled to an opinion. But facts should stick to what's real and true. Or would you prefer if people would just make stuff up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo