08-15-2012 08:14 AM
41 12
tools
    Here are my impressions of Galaxy Nexus after a one Month use.

Things i like...

1. Better Yahoo mail support (server search)
    2. Media controls available on lock screen just like WP7
    3. Notification center is awesome(media controls, weather, email previews,deep app linking thru notifications)
    4. Got Jelly Bean update 15 days after announcement.
    5. More frequent app updates, on parity with ios.
    6. Google Now is very useful and available from lock screen.
    7. More feature rich music apps (Songza, spotify with free radio(pandora) like option, slacker radio app that works)
    8. Better Skype app which actually runs in the background
    9. Nokia Purity in-ear headset works with galaxy nexus, volume control button works as skip button on all audio apps.
    10. zynga games!!!, i can go back and forth between ipad and galaxy nexus and the games are always in sync.

Things i miss from wp7

1. Pinnable email folders.
    2. Deep app linking.

I still use the lumia 900 for daily alarm and listening to music for its loud speaker. I check it everyday to see if it has any app updates and plug it into zune and check for Tango update only to be disappointed.
    Last edited by danygandhi; 08-10-2012 at 11:36 PM. Reason: missed few points
    Onigiri75 likes this.
    08-10-2012 11:11 PM
    Ok..... awks. your point to come here anymore then is what exactly

and the tango update already came.

dude if your gonna post negative stuff. you problem
    Last edited by 12Danny123; 08-10-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    eric12341 and TaliZorah like this.
    08-10-2012 11:43 PM
    Tango update is available for the Lumia 900?

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
    08-10-2012 11:50 PM
    Tango update is available for the Lumia 900?

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
    It came ages ago
    08-10-2012 11:50 PM
    AndroidCentral is right around the corner. You'll come crawling back after WP8 is released and your GN is bricking and going crazy.
    12Danny123 likes this.
    08-10-2012 11:51 PM
    It came ages ago
    I am talking about the AT&T version, not the global version.
    08-10-2012 11:52 PM
    AndroidCentral is right around the corner. You'll come crawling back after WP8 is released and your GN is bricking and going crazy.
    Yep I agree. but he can't crawl back.
    08-10-2012 11:53 PM
    I am talking about the AT&T version, not the global version.
    same thing. it came out ages ago. on AT&T
    08-10-2012 11:54 PM
    same thing. it came out ages ago. on AT&T
    You should read WPCentral more. It is still sitting on Nokia servers...

Initial impressions of the official Tango update for the AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
    08-10-2012 11:58 PM
    Good for you trying out another ecosystem. It is all about choice and the only way to be informed is to give a fair shot to a couple different platforms. Plus competition is good for everybody in the long run.
    scottcraft, Onigiri75 and snowmutt like this.
    08-10-2012 11:59 PM
    whatever :dry.

Teen langauge
    08-11-2012 12:00 AM
    I might crawl back, but it will not be a spontaneous decision like Lumia 900 after what Microsoft did with the update situation.
    08-11-2012 12:03 AM
    I might crawl back, but it will not be a spontaneous decision like Lumia 900 after what Microsoft did with the update situation.
    dude. you're still complaing?. that is in the past now. MS stated it will never happen again for me a big while. MS most likely will give a warning about that.

go back to androidcentral if you don't mind please. we already got over complainers already. we're not dragging it up again.and you're not starting it again :mad:
    Last edited by 12Danny123; 08-11-2012 at 12:19 AM.
    eric12341 likes this.
    08-11-2012 12:06 AM
    dude. you're still complaing?. that is in the past now. MS stated it will never happen again for me a big while. MS most likely will give a warning about that.

go back to androidcentral if you don't mind please. we already got over complainers already. we're not dragging it up again. with you starting it again
    I gave my samsung focus to my girl friend who was previously using a symbian phone, she owns a ipod touch and ipad and she is very impressed by samsung focus. I am planning to give my Lumia 900 to my sister. I already spent around 800$ on phones this year by buying Nokia Lumia 900 with no commitment fee and Galaxy Nexus unloacked. so i will not be buying a phone atleast for 1 more year. And i guess by then the app ecosystem for WP8 will be great and may be i can score a free phone on a new 2 year contract.
    08-11-2012 12:13 AM
    Whenever I buy a smartphone, I buy it for what it does now, now for what might or might not be coming.

I purchased my Nokia Lumia 900 the first day it was available in my carrier's shop. I have no complaints about its current features. Beside, I got it for free after receiving the rebate from Nokia.

Therefore, I will continue to use it, since I'm happy with it. Any OS updates I get are nice but not necessary.

If there is some killer feature in WP8 that WP7.8 does not offer, I'll be able to easily upgrade by paying full retail for a new device, since I saved money by getting the Nokia Lumia 900 free following rebate.
    Residing, eric12341 and snowmutt like this.
    08-11-2012 12:28 AM
    Whenever I buy a smartphone, I buy it for what it does now, now for what might or might not be coming.

I purchased my Nokia Lumia 900 the first day it was available in my carrier's shop. I have no complaints about its current features. Beside, I got it for free after receiving the rebate from Nokia.

Therefore, I will continue to use it, since I'm happy with it. Any OS updates I get are nice but not necessary.

If there is some killer feature in WP8 that WP7.8 does not offer, I'll be able to easily upgrade by paying full retail for a new device, since I saved money by getting the Nokia Lumia 900 free following rebate.
    Still surprising people are still complaing. about Wp8. everybody here wants all those complainers OUT!. it's his fault he should of known the risk. not MS's fault. people are so stupid these days. they never look at the future puzzling side.

here's the link for you leaving danygandhi
    http://www.androidcentral.com/
    Last edited by 12Danny123; 08-11-2012 at 12:56 AM.
    eric12341 likes this.
    08-11-2012 12:32 AM
    Still surprising people are still complaing. about Wp8. everybody here wants all those complainers OUT!. it's his fault he should of known the risk. not MS's fault. people are so stupid these days. they never look at the future puzzling side.

here's the link for you leaving danygandhi
    Android Central | Android Forums, News, Reviews, Help and Android Wallpapers
    So by your logic anyone who thinks WP7/8 isn't perfect is a complainer? Go read through macrumors, androidcentral, droidforums, etc. Each of those forums have people that aren't 100% happy with their phones. Is it so wrong to want more from our WP? You guys are just as bad as the iphone fanboys on some forums. The man gets another phone and you are telling him to leave? Amazing.
    Onigiri75, snowmutt and wolf1891 like this.
    08-11-2012 10:41 AM
    So by your logic anyone who thinks WP7/8 isn't perfect is a complainer? Go read through macrumors, androidcentral, droidforums, etc. Each of those forums have people that aren't 100% happy with their phones. Is it so wrong to want more from our WP? You guys are just as bad as the iphone fanboys on some forums. The man gets another phone and you are telling him to leave? Amazing.
    I don't think anybody here is happy about their 1st or 2nd Gen device not getting WP8. The point is we have moved on. Or we're trying to. People constantly starting new threads re-opening those old wounds isn't helping. I personally hope the OP thoroughly enjoys their shiny new Nexus. Ultimately phone platform is a personal choice, but buying a device for what it *might* do in the future is silly, and complaining when it doesn't turn out in your favor is childish. For me, my HD7 is wearing thin (the phone, not the OS) and my plan to replace it with an Apollo device in the fall wouldn't change even if it WAS getting WP8 in all its glory. (including multicore OTA :P)
    08-11-2012 11:01 AM
    I don't think anybody here is happy about their 1st or 2nd Gen device not getting WP8. The point is we have moved on. Or we're trying to. People constantly starting new threads re-opening those old wounds isn't helping. I personally hope the OP thoroughly enjoys their shiny new Nexus. Ultimately phone platform is a personal choice, but buying a device for what it *might* do in the future is silly, and complaining when it doesn't turn out in your favor is childish. For me, my HD7 is wearing thin (the phone, not the OS) and my plan to replace it with an Apollo device in the fall wouldn't change even if it WAS getting WP8 in all its glory. (including multicore OTA :P)
    Multicore ota, sign me up! I understand these types of threads get old, but clicking on the the thread isn't required, and I think telling people to leave is a bit extreme. I agree that a phone should be bought on what it does now. The problem I have is that I love WP, but android and ios are capable of things WP doesn't do at this time, but these claims are dismissed as ridiculous and those making these claims should go somewhere else. These forums used to not be like this. I kinda miss the way it used to be around here.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
    08-11-2012 11:17 AM
    Multicore ota, sign me up! I understand these types of threads get old, but clicking on the the thread isn't required, and I think telling people to leave is a bit extreme. I agree that a phone should be bought on what it does now. The problem I have is that I love WP, but android and ios are capable of things WP doesn't do at this time, but these claims are dismissed as ridiculous and those making these claims should go somewhere else. These forums used to not be like this. I kinda miss the way it used to be around here.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
    I agree with you. The OP posted in the proper forum (Other OS's and Devices), which is an appropriate place to discuss Android.
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-11-2012 01:33 PM
    I traded my spare Lumia 900 for a Galaxy Nexus with JB, just to see what the new Android was all about. The guy said he wanted to go back to WP, hence the trade. I decided to try it for a month and I lasted a week. Android is great, but for me it's great on a tablet. It's a subpar phone OS and I found just about everything I did on the GN took longer than on my 900. Sure it had more apps, but it couldn't hold a candle to the 900 for what a phone is really used for. Communicating with people. Android and iOS phones are just bad laptops. Tons of apps on a tiny screen. I have JB on my Nexus 7 tablet and it's a better fit there.

It was also wayyy too thin, hard to hold it well. For me it was a hundred little things too. When I typed in my code to unlock I had to hit enter, it didn't just do it automatically, etc. I was surprised at how reliant I am on Metro now. Zune gone pass as well, the keyboard was worse, flipping back to active call, I should've cataloged them all in some kind of blog. :(
    Last edited by oldpueblo; 08-11-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    cckgz4 and doublebullout like this.
    08-11-2012 01:47 PM
    just ignore all the hate!!

The galaxy nexus is an aweome phone, especially with jellybean :)
    snowmutt and scottcraft like this.
    08-12-2012 06:27 PM
    Android, MAC, WM7. BB...We all have a favorite..and we all have are not so favorites, I think we are all entitled an opinion on what OS suits are needs better right?..and since we are all pro WM7 here, there should always be an expectation for responses to be in the favor of WM7.

That being said..Flaming someone is not cool...right?? debates are what make these communities alive IMO. If we lose someone to Android...we all know they will come back
    ;)
    08-12-2012 06:34 PM
    --snippet--
    Sorry to hear you're leaving. Ignore all the hate in the thread. You're obviously more than welcome to discuss issues you have with the platform, as well as returning when you wish to do so. I just upgraded my younger sibling's contract and he now has a Sony Xperia P, which replaced his trusty Samsung Omnia 7 - I quite enjoy Android. I miss all platform sI don't use (much like Windows, OS X and Linux, etc.) but it's all down to personal preference :happy:
    snowmutt, scottcraft and Onigiri75 like this.
    08-12-2012 07:13 PM
    I tried a Galaxy Nexus with JB as well and posted my two cents here: :)

http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/ge...exus-saga.html
    Last edited by charlyee; 08-12-2012 at 07:23 PM.
    08-12-2012 07:14 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD