Tons of apps...not one useful.

Shantek

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I think you need to give credit to the dev's who are doing their best to fill the gaps for the big name companies who haven't committed to the platform yet. Without the smaller dev's, the platform would have no apps at all!

In saying that, me personally there isn't really any apps or games these days that I don't have that I want. All the big banks in Australia are starting to get on board and some of the big name developers are slowly coming over.

But from your original post, you make it sound like we have nothing good on the market at all, and that's far from the case.

aimango

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree that it really depends on their user. for me, i used to think that i would be fine with how the WP Marketplace is, but really, I'm not, at least right now I'm not. I am starting to carry around both my WP and my iPod touch simply because the social apps that I enjoy using are faster on iOS =X ie. foursquare, facebook, instagram. i'm hoping that once wp8 is released, more developers look towards developing WP versions of their apps, or at least improving them.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I think you need to give credit to the dev's who are doing their best to fill the gaps for the big name companies who haven't committed to the platform yet. Without the smaller dev's, the platform would have no apps at all!

In saying that, me personally there isn't really any apps or games these days that I don't have that I want. All the big banks in Australia are starting to get on board and some of the big name developers are slowly coming over.

But from your original post, you make it sound like we have nothing good on the market at all, and that's far from the case.

Firstly excellent reply. Thanks. Secondly , no km misunderstood.. and I apologize. The mind frame i had written it with has changed.

Yes..my wallet will Be a lot lighter after I buy a WP8...but its not like right now also I'm having it all.I'm toooo saturated with Android.

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
In fact, ask anyone under 25yo who own an iPhone if he would get a Windows Phone over his iPhone and he would probably ask "Does it have Instagram?" BOOM you lost him. See? Then if he is still not sure he could ask show me the official facebook and twitter apps and again the iPhone would win... I know that this is not an issue for everybody here... but seriously the WP app store is VERY poor... almost useless...

Last edited:

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
In fact, ask anyone under 25yo who own an iPhone if he would get a Windows Phone over his iPhone and he would probably ask "Does it have Instagram?" BOOM you lost him. See? Then if he is still not sure he could ask show me the official facebook and twitter apps and again the iPhone would win... I know that this is not an issue for everybody here... but seriously the WP app store is VERY poor... almost useless...

speak for yourself there pal... everyone I know who has an iPhone (including more than a few in that "under 25" group you are referring to) that I've had a chance to sit down and do a side-by-side comparison of their Facebook app versus the WP Facebook app, they've all agreed that they like the WP version MUCH MORE than the iPhone version.

Just because YOU don't care much for the WP Marketplace doesn't mean there aren't plenty of us who are quite pleased with the offerings within.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
speak for yourself there pal... everyone I know who has an iPhone (including more than a few in that "under 25" group you are referring to) that I've had a chance to sit down and do a side-by-side comparison of their Facebook app versus the WP Facebook app, they've all agreed that they like the WP version MUCH MORE than the iPhone version.

Just because YOU don't care much for the WP Marketplace doesn't mean there aren't plenty of us who are quite pleased with the offerings within.
You are taking it pretty personal arent you? I am not pointing you in any way, but let's just talk about Twitter, the official app for iPhone is gorgeous and on Windows phone... it's plain ugly and no twitter client compares to the official app of the iPhone. You also didn't mention Instagram. Honestly, I have been comparing my Windows Phone with many other Android phone and iPhone 4 and 4s... the only good points about Windows Phone was Bing functionalities(not because they are better than what apps can do, but because they are easier to reach and use) AND facebook integration(that wont be an argument went iOS 6 is out tho) You gotta be objective about your phone...

Last edited:

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Bank app is the only one I really miss from iPhone. My bank is PNC which covers most of the mississippi river and east but no WP app. IPhone and android have one though. I have to use the dumb mobile web version.

Have come across a few others but can't think of them at the moment. Again, I hope wp8 fixes this deficiency.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
You are taking it pretty personal arent you? I am not pointing you in any way, but let's just talk about Twitter, the official app for iPhone is gorgeous and on Windows phone... it's plain ugly and no twitter client compares to the official app of the iPhone. You also didn't mention Instagram. Honestly, I have been comparing my Windows Phone with many other Android phone and iPhone 4 and 4s... the only good points about Windows Phone was Bing functionalities(not because they are better than what apps can do, but because they are easier to reach and use) AND facebook integration(that wont be an argument went iOS 6 is out tho) You gotta be objective about your phone...

Ok, not everyone under 25 cares about Instagram. I've got several under-25s interested in the phone despite the fact it doesn't have Instagram. It all depends on what the person wants. I was one of the early adopters in the university but I honestly don't regret it. Instagram? I don't actually use it and I'm 21. Even though I have access to it on both my tablet and my iPod. So no instagram doesn't mean an under-25 is definitely lost.

As for the Twitter client, that's purely subjective mate. I have an iPod Touch and a Windows Phone and have Twitter (fully updated) on both, and personally, I find the Twitter client for WP better. You think the WP client for iPhone is ugly. See, subjective? Same with the Facebook client on an earlier post. I think the iPhone/iPod client is butt-ugly, and the WP one beautiful. Again, it's subjective.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but why would u need FB and Twitter app on a phone that already has a "deeply integrated" social networking.

The Me Tile has all of that doesn't it?

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but why would u need FB and Twitter app on a phone that already has a "deeply integrated" social networking.

The Me Tile has all of that doesn't it?

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.
The Me tile is usefull... but it is laking and it does not show all your notifications...

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Hmm..OK u mean u can only see updates from one person at a time...got it..yea, in that case, Twitter needs an upgrade.

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.
not only that, for exemple, you have 20 notifications on facebook, the Me tile will show only the one that "matters" the most(on your pictures, a friend liked your comment, someone wrote on your timeline) but not ALL your notifications.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
not only that, for exemple, you have 20 notifications on facebook, the Me tile will show only the one that "matters" the most(on your pictures, a friend liked your comment, someone wrote on your timeline) but not ALL your notifications.

Oh I didn't know that...I thought whatever comes on ur wall is seen...hmmm..that's strange..

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Look if you need Mint, Instagram then Windows PHone is not an option.
If I have to use instagram I will do it on my business phone which is a Galaxy s2, I must admit that since Ice Cream Sandwich the Android OS is very stable, I can no longer say that Windows Phone has a noticeable advantage, it would be a lie... So I hope windows 8 brings it, because right now they are reeeeaaally far behind

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site

nope, not taking it personal at all. Just pointing out that, just because YOU feel something is a certain way does not automatically mean that it IS that way. You made a blanket statement that ANYBODY under 25 would feel a certain way and, I pointed out that you were wrong. That's pretty much it.

btw, I didn't mention Twitter or Instagram because I don't have a Twitter account and I don't see a need for Instagram in my world so, I am therefore not able to offer any opinions regarding their usefulness on any other platforms vs what WP offers. I do however use the FP app and so was able to directly refute your statement based on that alone.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Bank app is the only one I really miss from iPhone. My bank is PNC which covers most of the mississippi river and east but no WP app. IPhone and android have one though. I have to use the dumb mobile web version.

Have come across a few others but can't think of them at the moment. Again, I hope wp8 fixes this deficiency.
I work for a bank that just launched a new online banking experience, and part of that is the shiny new mobile apps...foe iPhone and android. That is about the only app that I feel im lacking on WP.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Well, not sure if it's a "fact". Here is some anecdotal information though. My nephew, an average American (still taking up space in college-sixth year) is 24, and has been part of the Apple ecosystem for nearly 10 years; iPods, iPhones, MacBooks, etc. He does not have a Twitter account, nor do any of his wide network of friends. He also does not have an Instagram account. He does have a FB account, but almost never posts to it and rarely looks at it. But he does use his phone all day. Just don't take away his texting and iChat (or whatever it's called). If not for his tie in to the Apple ecosystem (he is a musician) he would be a prime candidate for WP. He loves everything about my L900.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, not sure if it's a "fact". Here is some anecdotal information though. My nephew, an average American (still taking up space in college-sixth year) is 24, and has been part of the Apple ecosystem for nearly 10 years; iPods, iPhones, MacBooks, etc. He does not have a Twitter account, nor do any of his wide network of friends. He also does not have an Instagram account. He does have a FB account, but almost never posts to it and rarely looks at it. But he does use his phone all day. Just don't take away his texting and iChat (or whatever it's called). If not for his tie in to the Apple ecosystem (he is a musician) he would be a prime candidate for WP. He loves everything about my L900.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
So your point is that Windows Phone is perfect if you don't want premium apps? This would mean that windows phone is out of the game for now... let's hope that samsung pushes the platform enough to make it a serious alternative to Android and iPhone.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
So your point is that Windows Phone is perfect if you don't want premium apps? This would mean that windows phone is out of the game for now... let's hope that samsung pushes the platform enough to make it a serious alternative to Android and iPhone.

Also 90% of those premium apps will never come to Windows Phone unless Microsoft bankrolls them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb