Disable lock screen password?

Andrew Griffiths

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I just loaded my work email onto my phone and it enforced the creation of a password due to the security policy.

So, I promptly deleted the outlook account as I loathe having a password to access my phone, but it won't allow me to disable the password as its still greyed out...

Anyone kow where I can delete the security policy?

Please help, this is driving me mad!!!

Thanks

scsgoal

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Short answer? Not going to happen. It's a Microsoft phone and you loaded a Microsoft Exchange security policy on it. The only way to remove the policy is to remove the Exchange link.

*edit* Wow...I guess I could read more. Didn't see you removed the email link. Make sure you're not syncing contacts or calendar or anything else.

You should also be able to head to your Outlook Web Access that your corporation hosts. In the options->Mobile Devices menu available there, you should be able to revoke the policy from any phone you've synced to.

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
When I delete my outlook account it takes a few minutes before the policy is revoked. I get a message on the screen and can then go to settings and remove the lock screen password.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andrew Griffiths

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
You should also be able to head to your Outlook Web Access that your corporation hosts. In the options->Mobile Devices menu available there, you should be able to revoke the policy from any phone you've synced to.

thanks, didn't know that.

Have removed, but doesn't seem to have done anything... Guessing that because the outlook profile is gone that it has no way to sync to the phone tho? But if I add it back then it's going to force it on...!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have mine set to require a password after 20 min, so it isn't very often that I have to put a password to unlock it :D

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

burakuysaler

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Please check "Company Apps" under Settings. If there is a corporate account then delete it, to delete hit the enrolled account and it will take you another screen and as I remember the last button in the right hand side is for removing the account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium