Turn by Turn on WP8?

happynoodleboy

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Didn't they already say that the maps app is going to be powered by Nokia maps and have turn by turn navigation built into WP8?

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Nokia Drive will be available for all WP8 devices (no longer a Nokia exclusive) so that should take care of your navigation needs. :)

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
But will all windows phone 7 get this update?

No Windows Phone 7 will get an update to Windows Phone 8 is what people are saying. Now will the MAPS app get updated to be all fancy and new with built in turn by turn navigation for WP7 users?

There isn't really any confirmation of that. I could see some issues with some non-Nokia WP7 devices getting a map update that is powered by Nokia. I don't think HTC or Samsung or whoever else would like that if it's not a native part of the OS like it will be in WP8.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Point is, if you want great navigation, when the time comes to get a WP8 device, get one from the "Where" company: Nokia.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

lp115

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Isn't nokia apps downloaded from the marketplace on nokia phones? (I have a HTC titan ii so I might be wrong) The only thing stoping htc from downloading it is that the app is not published to the public marketplace and is restricted to nokia phone credentials? But since WP8 is uniformly getting nokia drive/maps. What's stopping them from going onto WP7.8? HTC and samsung increase their profit and sales if they have this app so I don't see why they would deny it. All up to nokia though

bruceleer0y

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Point is, if you want great navigation, when the time comes to get a WP8 device, get one from the "Where" company: Nokia.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
I remember HTC had its own turn by turn app for like a week and then quickly made it paid or removed it. I can't remember.

I don't mind using the directions we currently have, i just plug my AUX cable into my phone and just keep tapping it works decent for me....

Turn by Turn would be so much better though

lp115

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I remember HTC had its own turn by turn app for like a week and then quickly made it paid or removed it. I can't remember.

I don't mind using the directions we currently have, i just plug my AUX cable into my phone and just keep tapping it works decent for me....

Turn by Turn would be so much better though

What tapping method are you talking about?

lp115

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
But dude its not offline maps =/, unless you got 3g. haha Preloading works but what if your going somewhere on the fly?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon