Something only Windows Phone can and others can't ...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Everyone's talking about what an iOS can do and an Android can do...here is a thread where we write about something that only a Windows Phone can do and others can't...

Lets start with FB and Twitter's integration.

I don't think any other OS has this...

Sent from my RaZr Nexus.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
They "have" it but it's not individualized on other platforms. I can make individual or group tiles with contacts to see their feeds only whereas on android or ios, you can go to someone's contact info and see their activity, but it's an inconvenience to have to to each contact you follow closely

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
With WP the lock screen music controls work with third party music apps such as slacker and iheartradio. This is something I really with my android could do.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
This will be rather short list.

Anyway.. :

WP organises all apps by alphabet. This makes browsing very easy and efficient.

Allthough I think it should also have some kind of file explorer to keep track of files and folders. But this is a feature only WP has, so it can be added to this list.

cheers

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
ICS has this. At least on my bionic. I agree it is a nice feature.

I'll have to double check. My rezound has lockscreen music controls, but I don't think it does anything with streaming music.

I can't make the lockscreen music controls appear with Slacker or iheartradio on my rezound (ics). Works fine with music stored on my phone.

Last edited:

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
How can we forget , the lovely Zune music player. Amazing backgrounds of the artists playing.

Though, I might add two things here.
1. Now with an application called Ubermusic u can achieve the same thing on Android devices.
2. Zune usually got my artists wrong. I've complained on MS forums several times about this, to no avail.

Nonetheless its a kick *** feature.

Sent from my RaZr Nexus.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
25GB/7GB of cloud storage FREE for photos, videos, docs. In future for backups, games and apps. Who needs a SD card? :)

App-link!

My photos app can talk to my integrated Facebook and Twitter and bring those pics right inside my photos app.

My music app can talk my lyrics app and can get me lyrics for the song I love right from inside my app.

My Office app can talk to my SkyDrive and bring me my documents from the cloud when I want them.

My picture hub can also talk to my photo editing apps like fhotoroom and thumba photo editor to let me edit pics without having to close my pictures hub.

Dedicated camera button that launches my camera even without unlocking my phone! - and that gets upload straight away to Skydrive without me even having to worry about it.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
- live tiles
- Xbox live itergration ( even doh its almost as good on other Platforms )

I love live tiles . 90% of my tiles are LIVE and i get allot of .
*WOW what phone is that when they see it*
from random people that ( for some reason ) think its a Android phone... Witch are quickly corrected!!

Fav Live tiles: ( just a few)

- People hub ( I have a pic of ALL my contacts so they rotate ( just looks cool )
- WPcentral app :)
- Picture hub ( my fav pics like famaly members and my G-f always pop up to say hello ( lol )
- weather app !!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I can see who on my friends list is playing XBOX.

I dont have to download anything to open a Word Document.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa