Today my dad ordered his first smartphone!

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick update. My Dad is LOVING his phone! He said the screen is so nice (coming from a feature phone). He's still learning how to use it, but he's getting the hang of it. I showed him Office+Skydrive, and how he doesn't have to email files to himself from work anymore.

With my Dad getting a NL900...

Me: Focus S
gf: Focus
Brother: Focus
Brother: NL900
Brother: Titan
Sister in law: Focus
Dad: NL900

4hab

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Quite an awesome family :D I'm also promoting WP a lot. 4 of my friends are WP users now. They all like their device. (2x Omnia 7, 2x Mozart)

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Awesome to read your posts, OP. That's something I'm trying to achieve in my family. Come Christmas, my Focus will be my mother's, my sister will get a mid-end Nokia and I'll get a Nokia high-end pone (Pureview, hopefully!)

Spread WP!

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Both my brothers (NL900, Titan) and my GF will be upgrading to the high end Nokia this holiday season. My brother said he would give me his NL900... but I don't know if it's totally worth it unless 7.8 has a valid back up solution...

EDIT: Actually, I completely forgot. My sister-in-law will also upgrade to the high end Nokia.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Both my brothers (NL900, Titan) and my GF will be upgrading to the high end Nokia this holiday season. My brother said he would give me his NL900... but I don't know if it's totally worth it unless 7.8 has a valid back up solution...

EDIT: Actually, I completely forgot. My sister-in-law will also upgrade to the high end Nokia.

The Microsoft Marketing Department should hire you. :cool:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Glad he's enjoying it. Amazing that you got the whole family on WP. Were any of them on iPhone or Android prior?

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick update. My Dad is LOVING his phone! He said the screen is so nice (coming from a feature phone). He's still learning how to use it, but he's getting the hang of it. I showed him Office+Skydrive, and how he doesn't have to email files to himself from work anymore.

With my Dad getting a NL900...

Me: Focus S
gf: Focus
Brother: Focus
Brother: NL900
Brother: Titan
Sister in law: Focus
Dad: NL900

"We are (WP) fam-uh-lee..."

madisonjar

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
well I just sold my iphone/ipad...I bought a acer w500 (will load windows 8 on it) and got a htc trophy...and hope windows 8 comes out soon for verizon, as I NEED APPS lol.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Glad he's enjoying it. Amazing that you got the whole family on WP. Were any of them on iPhone or Android prior?
We have always been a Microsoft/Windows family. But my brother owned an iPhone OG before he got a Focus (and then a NL900). And my other brother had a tilt, iPhone 3gs, then the Titan.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
We have always been a Microsoft/Windows family. But my brother owned an iPhone OG before he got a Focus (and then a NL900). And my other brother had a tilt, iPhone 3gs, then the Titan.

Since you are a MS/ Windows family. are they looking forward to Windows 8 devices then?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Great to hear that.

I am working on friends and co-workers, but I think there will be some better responses to WP once Verizon picks a couple up. They are so much larger in my area than AT&T (no T-Mo).

What a great situation you and your family are in. Microsoft will have your sales commision check in the mail to you soon, I am sure.....

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Since you are a MS/ Windows family. are they looking forward to Windows 8 devices then?

My brother (NL900) and I are looking to buy the Surface RT. My lawyer bro (Titan) will probably end up with the Surface Pro. Between the 3 of us, we plan to upgrade our current computers to Windows 8 as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss