Drastic battery improvement with Tango...

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I have an HTC HD7 on Canada's Bell Mobility and I recently updated to 8773 and my phone gets INCREDIBLE standby time now. 20 hours from fully charged used to put me on battery saver, if I even made it that long without having to seek out an outlet to charge. Now, I still haven't even cracked the 70s at that point! While I can't verify it just yet, it seems to even last longer when I'm doing high-drain tasks like surfing the web or playing a game. I feel like I could confidently get 2 days on a charge now, where before I wasn't confident enough to go out after work without a quick charge. Anybody else rocking Tango and notice a battery improvement?

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I have an HTC HD7 on Canada's Bell Mobility and I recently updated to 8773 and my phone gets INCREDIBLE standby time now. 20 hours from fully charged used to put me on battery saver, if I even made it that long without having to seek out an outlet to charge. Now, I still haven't even cracked the 70s at that point! While I can't verify it just yet, it seems to even last longer when I'm doing high-drain tasks like surfing the web or playing a game. I feel like I could confidently get 2 days on a charge now, where before I wasn't confident enough to go out after work without a quick charge. Anybody else rocking Tango and notice a battery improvement?
Don't want to use the C word (as in coincidence) but that's what it seems like. What else would cause that kind of change. So you ever soft reset, just for the heck of it. Like every week or two. Maybe there was something hanging on your device that finally got cleared out of memory. I had seen a couple apps do strange things. Some are repeatable, some not.

I am not saying it's not possible that Tango changed something, and you obviously have the facts, but nothing in the update was related to battery performance. Did HTC push out firmware with Tango? Did your radio get an update? Did they put up a new tower down the block?

My L900 battery appears to be about the same post Tango.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
It's possible I received some firmware that actually caused the improvement... Difficult to say as I don't know offhand what version it was before. As far as other changes, no. No new apps, haven't deleted any old ones or made any usage changes. I had assumed it was due to Tangos lower RAM footprint... If it was firmware I have to wonder why HTC dragged their feet so long only to deal with it now. I've received 6 OS updates in the 13 months I've had this phone, and I still don't have the firmware to enable tethering. Not to mention all the original Titan owners that haven't received much needed firmware for the call volume issues etc.

MikeySoft

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
although subjective just looked at the battery saver app on my titan and it shows 87% time remaining 3 days 1 hour time since last charge 9 hours:Dnot bad for 5 mail accounts and wifi on
Do you have a Titan or Titan II? And have you gotten the update to Tango 8773?

Still nothing here in Arizona on ATT. Still sitting on 8112 (Sigh)

dbcel

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same phone as you. (Yes, even the Bell version) And I have noticed slightly better battery life, but the battery indicator does not seem to budge while charging. When I take my phone off of the charger in the morning, I find myself having to reboot it in order to refresh the indicator and actually show that my phone is fully charged.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same phone as you. (Yes, even the Bell version) And I have noticed slightly better battery life, but the battery indicator does not seem to budge while charging. When I take my phone off of the charger in the morning, I find myself having to reboot it in order to refresh the indicator and actually show that my phone is fully charged.
same here... I thought I was the only one to experience that

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

I have that issue. I just unplug it and plug it back in long enough for it to start charging again and the battery meter fills right back up!

Also, since you're on Rogers, why didn't you go with the Focus?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99