Does your local AT&T promote Windows Phone?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I stopped by my local store because my wife's Titan stopped working. Hardware problems. I swear, I hate the build quality of HTC, but that's beside the point.

I noticed that there were no banners, display ads, or anything of the sort for Windows Phone. Not even a regular sized paper anywhere with a Lumia picture on it.

They only carried one Windows Phone. The Lumia 900. It was buried between 2 Android phones. The display model was black, so I even had a hard time spotting it. There were no pictures loaded in it, so there were no images scrolling on the pictures tile. No contacts, so those weren't showing. No profile image. The phone was made to look static. No life in it.

I wasn't really thinking much of it at the time. I just noticed it looked lifeless compared to the Galaxy SIII and Galaxy Note beside it, which were both showing off their animated wallpapers. But I realized afterward that someone would have had to purposely make it so that the "life" of the Lumia wouldn't show.

A few months ago there was Lumia stuff everywhere. But I guess everything was taken down as soon as it was no longer mandatory.

While my wife's Titan was being looked at, I asked if they had the Magenta Lumia 900. All I got was a "No". That's it. No follow up. Just "No."

I think it's fair to day that this is an anti-WP store.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My local AT&T store doesn't have banners for any phones. But they have a section up front for the most wanted phones. They have a Nokia Lumia 900 next to a GS3 and iP4s and some other android phones.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Though I posted about the abysmal experience I had the other day, the Focus 2, Lumia 900 and Titan 2 were all next to each other, amongst the Atrix HD, GS3 and iPhone 4. I'd say that's pretty decent considering the age and death of WP7.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I was at an AT&T store last week.

They had a Lumia 900 and Titan 2 in the same area as the SG3 and Note, which was at the front of the store, right when you walk in.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I stay out of my local AT&T store, it's like walking into a used car dealer. :D

I can tell you back in May when I was in France, i was in a SFR and Orange carrier store, and they had Windows signs up. I also saw quite a few WP's in the wild, a lot more than I have seen in the States.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The Lumia at my store was in the middle of a side wall.

It was pretty hard to find. And I was actually looking for it and knew what it looks like.

Imagine a regular customer.

I mean, they don't need to keep up some big promotion, but at least let people know that a WP is in the store.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
The AT&T store here must be special then.

They still have Lumina Sign up in Window next to One X.

And have all the Windows Phones (900,Titan2,Focus2) in One Section and Accessories has well.

Right in Middle of Store you can't miss them if you walked in. Nice and Neat

while the other sections are just cluttered with Droid's and small iphone section.

Brunothesheep

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Same at our store. All WP devices are around the corner in a tiny area, and the ones that are displayed in the busier part of the store are all turned off.
Makes me angry really...

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte