Just-a-Rant

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This drives me nuts, I'm on a desk and all my cords feed to the back and down half way to a panel on the back of my desk. Like the power cord for my phone is too short why do they always have to be so dam short. Why can't they make them somewhat longer Ok thanks I needed that. happy holiday !

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, 3' seems to be the standard length, although thankfully they're all just USB cables now, so you can feel free to swap them out with longer USB cables any time you like. Check out Amazon for some cheap cables. I carry a 6' cable around in my laptop bag.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yea I did this morning. crazy though had the same problem with my printer it's way at the other end of this desk so I ended up buying a wireless deal.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
nO. everything feeds to a power breaker built into the back of the desk I just saying that they are short I fixed the problem...

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought a six foot charging cable for my wife's iphone from Amazon for less than two dollars. Wal-Mart also carries longer cables. I bought one that I've used with a Motorola Droid, HTC Trophy and HTC Rezound.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
This drives me nuts, I'm on a desk and all my cords feed to the back and down half way to a panel on the back of my desk. Like the power cord for my phone is too short why do they always have to be so dam short. Why can't they make them somewhat longer Ok thanks I needed that. happy holiday !

The website monoprice.com has 6 and 10 foot microUSB cables for a few bucks. Stock up and kiss those short cables good by.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I use monoprice.com for any cheap cables that I need. All their stuff is really cheap. It's not high quality by any means, but if you're just using it for charging then it doesn't matter. I buy all my HDMI cables there as well, since I usually just get the short ones and don't need high quality cables.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I use monoprice.com for any cheap cables that I need. All their stuff is really cheap. It's not high quality by any means, but if you're just using it for charging then it doesn't matter. I buy all my HDMI cables there as well, since I usually just get the short ones and don't need high quality cables.

I do the same, they are so much cheaper online. A friend needed an HDMI and optical audio cable over the weekend... He wound up paying over $46... Could have had the same online for under $15 or $20, but he wasn't wanting to wait for delivery.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers