canno't make my facebook status appear as "mobile" with Lumia 610

andreborda

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I'm not sure if this would be considered a problem, but it has been ruining Facebook integration for me.

I have set up my accounts and can chat with my Facebook contacts through messaging. I have also installed and set up the Facebook app.

All my friends using Symbian/Android/iPhone appear on my Facebook chat as "mobile", having the phone symbol next to their name, so I know they will get the message on their phone.
With WP, I can't seem to reproduce the effect... when I am online with the phone(and by this I mean ever since I connected and registered the phone with Facebook), it shows on Facebook as "online", and people will send me chat messages in the middle of the night because they think I'm actually on the computer at that moment... I had to change my status to away(on the phone) so as to avoid this. :mad:
The status stays as "online" even if the phone is locked, so to my Facebook contacts I am basically always online.

I'm guessing (and hoping) this just needs a simple fix and is not actually a "feature". Anyone can help?

P.S.: The status change options don't include this.

Leek5

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I think the mobile thing is setup though Facebook page. It send messages though text

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos