So.... No Tablet?

austrianball#IM

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I kept hoping that at some point a Nokia Tablet would make a surprise visit to the stage but was sadly disappointed. Since there was no Tablet announced today does that mean they have no plans for one this year or could they still surprise us with one?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I doubt we see one this year.

Elop has been pretty coy when asked about tablets. He's consistently said it's a very intriguing market, and one that must be explored.

My guess is that they're probably working on prototypes, but won't jump in until they have strengthened their position in phones again.

austrianball#IM

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I doubt we see one this year.

Elop has been pretty coy when asked about tablets. He's consistently said it's a very intriguing market, and one that must be explored.

My guess is that they're probably working on prototypes, but won't jump in until they have strengthened their position in phones again.
I guess I'll have to settle for a surface.

jusdis

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I dont know, based on the colors and the slick design, im starting to think that the Surface IS the first Nokia tablet. It would be a nice trade off no? Build us a tablet and we will give you first dibs on WP8. If everything falls in to place, they both win.

THATS JUST MY THOUGHTS ON IT THOUGH. THIS STATEMENT WAS NOT A FACT AND IN NO WAY DO I REPRESENT MICROSOFT OR NOKIA.

JUst a little disclaimer before anyone decides to **** all over me. We all know how that goes in these forums.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
It wouldn't shock me to learn that Nokia has design or manufacturing connections, just like Logitech is always involved in Microsoft mice and keyboards.

But no tablet now... as was stated, Elop remains interested, but I think it wise for them to focus on their phones first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss