Hi guys,
    Does anybody know if the missing business features in WP7 such as sending and receiving contact cards and calendar appointments will be implemented into WP8. This is a very basic feature that microsoft missed in WP7 and is very important.
    09-06-2012 10:36 AM
    Nokia already has an app for sending/receiving vcard for their current devices. Contacts Share. Not sure if it will be a part of the WP8 OS though.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    09-06-2012 10:51 AM
    Are you talking about sending an outlook contact as a VCF file?
    09-06-2012 11:20 AM
    Are you talking about sending an outlook contact as a VCF file?
    Yes! My brother and I share a business and currently use BlackBerry but want to make a switch to WP8. We always send each other VCF files and calendar appointments. All the receiving person has to do is add to contacts and/or add to calendar and it's done. But we were playing with a Nokia 900 this morning at an AT&T store and couldn't find a way to perform either of these basic functions. Is there a way on Windows Phone? Thanks.
    09-06-2012 11:24 AM
    Yes! My brother and I share a business and currently use BlackBerry but want to make a switch to WP8. We always send each other VCF files and calendar appointments. All the receiving person has to do is add to contacts and/or add to calendar and it's done. But we were playing with a Nokia 900 this morning at an AT&T store and couldn't find a way to perform either of these basic functions. Is there a way on Windows Phone? Thanks.
    I have a old Focus that I had in a drawer and I sent a contact from Outlook 2010 on my computer to my live account and it showed up as an attachment in my email and I tapped on it to download and tapped on it to open and it opened as a new contact where I could add more fields or save it right away.

UPDATE: Oh, I bet you are asking if you can send a vcf FROM your phone... not from a computer... That I'm not sure...
    09-06-2012 11:34 AM
    Also there is an app called Send Vcard that might do it.. it's free.. I'll test it out.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...e-1dc169529bbd
    finiterex likes this.
    09-06-2012 11:48 AM
    So Send VCard works fine, and would be an option for WP 7.x devices. Hopefully that function is built into WP8, but who knows.

The one thing you may not like about Send VCard is that to make it work, the app creates a VCard but puts it in the "cloud" and sends a link to it. Who knows what happens to those VCards once they are in the cloud.
    09-06-2012 12:01 PM
    Also there is an app called Send Vcard that might do it.. it's free.. I'll test it out.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...e-1dc169529bbd
    Thanks! Yeah I meant send from my phone. I would test it myself but I don't have a Windows Phone yet. Wasn't this feature supported in Windows Mobile?
    09-06-2012 12:04 PM
    So Send VCard works fine, and would be an option for WP 7.x devices. Hopefully that function is built into WP8, but who knows.

The one thing you may not like about Send VCard is that to make it work, the app creates a VCard but puts it in the "cloud" and sends a link to it. Who knows what happens to those VCards once they are in the cloud.
    LOL! Yeah I hope the link would expire after a certain amount of time. If Windows Phone is to try and enter the enterprise then they better introduce better business tools because a lot of people switching from BlackBerry to WP8 will expect these basic smartphone features.
    09-06-2012 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD