Text reflow on Windows 8?

1414H77

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone read if there is any indication WP8 will have text reflow in IE? That is, if I size up a page to the size I want can it them wrap all the words to fit the screen? iPhone lacks this but Android has it and it makes a huge difference in reading a page without having to pan back and forth.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone read if there is any indication WP8 will have text reflow in IE? That is, if I size up a page to the size I want can it them wrap all the words to fit the screen? iPhone lacks this but Android has it and it makes a huge difference in reading a page without having to pan back and forth.
I second that. We dont know much about the new IE for WP8. Im hoping it is because they are keeping it under wraps, and not because there isnt much improved. Word wrap would be awesome. Ill be very disappointed if it lacks this.

A And

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I third that. Don't know if it's coming in WP8, but I've made a feature suggestion on it at the official WP Uservoice forum - it's here.

Please vote and spread the word on the link above so they'll hopefully get around to adding it!

Environ Mental

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I 4th, 5th and 6th that. This is an absolute must. I love everything about my Dell Venue Pro, except that the browser does not auto reflow text. Even my old Nokia C7 will do that. My Nexus One (android) did that and I miss it. I absolutely hate having to zoom and move about pages. I am holding out for this but if WP8 doesn't have it, that is a complete deal breaker for me......If that is the case, I think I am going to buy a pureview 808, symbian and all, and call it quits.

Yitty

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I know this is a old thread but I haven't seen anything newer about text reflow / word wrapping for Windows Phone browsers. Any new information on this feature?
Thanks

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

arg0g

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
If it's there, I could not find it.
There is a feature called "Reading Mode", that gets rid of all the side bars, banners, etc., puts the main text in a clean single-column view and renders it with a single font. You can't pinch to zoom in RM, but you can select the font size in the settings.
However, I cannot use RM in my favourite forums, because by removing formatting, quoted text becomes identical to new posts and following a conversation becoms a nightmare.
So I guess this is a good argument to stay with my Nokia 808 a bit longer. Opera Mobile for Symbian may be an old browser, but text reflow works remarkably well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos