Windows 8 Day

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
MS is going to have a welcome party for Windows 8. I figure there will be some WP8 things announced there as well. A little over a month away!

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to set up a local WP8 day here in the DC, VA, MD area. But I'd want to be able to give away prized like accessories or even a PHONE. Anyone know how to set something like this up?

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to set up a local WP8 day here in the DC, VA, MD area. But I'd want to be able to give away prized like accessories or even a PHONE. Anyone know how to set something like this up?

Simple. If you have social networking skills, you start looking for a venu. Then find a headliner of some sort, comedian, local band or deadmau5 :) , something. Then you find some advertisers or something to help draw more crowd. Then you find some vendors of some sort concessions for example. Then you call Nokia, Samsung, MS, HTC and show them your commitments from people and your expected turnout and ask them for some hardware to give away to help promote their wares. Could ask them for goodie bag stuffers as well. Everyone likes go get something, even if its thrown away 5 minutes after they leave. Get a big enough commitment and you may even be able to sway someone like Nokia to bring a van with samples to show off.

Okay, not simple but it really just takes some time pounding on doors and asking for stuff. The more you do up front and can show off, the more Nokia or others will want to give you stuff to promote them. You show them that 2000 people will be expected and they will gladly give you a few phones to give away.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Ha, way easier said than done. And there is no true guarantee that said OEMs would support the event. But all that would be worth a try if I had the ample time to get headliners.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Ha, way easier said than done. And there is no true guarantee that said OEMs would support the event. But all that would be worth a try if I had the ample time to get headliners.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Yes these type of things are usually planed many months in advance. My wife did a fundraiser for the troops a few years back. She found a harley dealership that would give her a motorcycle to raffle off. They required at least $8000 or whatever the final cost of the bike was to be received in ticket sales, anything over was for the fundraiser to keep. Once she got that it was much easier to get people attracted. Its always easier to get free stuff for a charity though, but the process is still the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes