What is you next WP8 device?

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I am probably going with the ATIV S. I have a Focus Flash and have actually played with the GSIII and really like it so if it comes with some of those features it will be my next phone. But I like some things in the other offerings as well. I do like the wireless charging so I will do that probably no matter what. I like that technology.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Thoughts on commitment to the platform.

When Samsung first announced the ATIV S, I saw several comments on what has been perceived as a lack of commitment to Windows Phone in general and the Windows 8 specifically. However, upon looking at their website, they have already developed an ATIV tablet and two laptop/tablet hybrids with the ATIV designator as well.

With four products coming out in short order, it seems to me that they are all in at the moment.

Thoughts?

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
When Samsung first announced the ATIV S, I saw several comments on what has been perceived as a lack of commitment to Windows Phone in general and the Windows 8 specifically. However, upon looking at their website, they have already developed an ATIV tablet and two laptop/tablet hybrids with the ATIV designator as well.

With four products coming out in short order, it seems to me that they are all in at the moment.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I had a feeling Samsung were going to bring something nice for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, after stating their excitement for the platform when announcing their wouldn't be anymore Wp7.5 devices.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
This guy. I'm jealous. I think I remember on TiPB forums (before it became iMore) you one time mentioned you had like four phones? And I was all, what? How can you have that many phones?!
Lol. You sure it was four? I think it was more. Haha. I have every major OS and have at least a couple devices from each OS. :D

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
First choice is the 920 because of the sheer amount of support they put behind the platform. Second would be the 8x but HTC needs to get in the game that the phone itself is not enough you need the support that goes with it as well.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm feeling the 8X but not the specs or lack of support from HTC.

That's the sour taste Samsung and HTC left in my mouth as no support after the phone is released. Consumers remember stuff like that and it dictates the next phone they will buy. I have an HTC titan II But my I'm off to Nokia 920 once it's released. The phone specs is one thing but the support after leaves a lasting impression.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I prefer 920 but since Nokia is screwing itself by going with ATT, they lose my business, so 8x here I come!!
Seeing as how Nokia hasn't said this themselves, it's a little too early to be writing them off. I'm still hoping Verizon gets the 920 until I hear otherwise.

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I haven't made up my mind on this yet...

Looks wise, 8S>8X>920
Specs, 920>8X>8S

I'm kind of stuck between the 920 and the 8X. The 920 has such awesome features, and while I want something bigger than my iPhone 4, I don't know if I want a gigantic phone. I'm really digging the 8X in blue, I'd rather have the soft touch than a glossy finish, and IMO the size is better- but the camera (what I use most on my phone) is lacking. I couldn't possibly care less about beats audio, so that is not a plus. And I'm pretty sure I could live without Nokia's apps. Hope they come out around the same time so I can play with both before hand.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I think I will have to wait and see what these phone actually look like in retail. But right now, 920 is the front runner for me.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Xaphoon148

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
A shiny yellow Lumia 920 it is :)

Beautiful phones from htc with great design, but this time I'm going Nokia
Keeping my radar on a twin sim though, using it at work...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs