What is you next WP8 device?

danield1515

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Nokia/HTC are putting out some great products, Nokia has some cool featuers, but really, who uses their touch screen with gloves? It has some great Nokia based apps and features, but bottom line they are pretty neck in neck, you just have to ask who makes a better product, Nokia or HTC, its tough, I would say it depends on if T-Mobile carries the 920 or not, but its a tough race between 920 and 8x.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i was sold on the 920 on launch day, but the more i play with my buddies 900 it feels really bulky! way to big... most of which is bezel and body. not very thin either. and from what ive seen the 920 is even bigger... so i am sold on the htc 8x. no more samsungs for me, not until they fix their peice iof junk radios. every samsung ive ever owned including my gnex, have horrible reception due to low end radio hardware. but like most, i wont be buying until 2013. for 2 reasons, i want to see what else there is to offer, and by then the prices of the 1st gen wondows 8 devices will be cheaper.

Wiikinki

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I am just glad that we have already 5 great alternatives. Every single of them is going to be a great handset.

I am leaning towards Nokia lumia 920 for few reasons:

• Nokia apps
  • Brand loyalty (I am from finland)
  • Design and durability
  • Harware fancies (Wireles charging, pureview, screen technology)

HTC phones might be cheaper than Nokia's and Samsung's offerings which might be deciding factor to some. Having many great alternatives is a great thing for Windows phone.

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
What WP8 device do I buy?
I need a 4" , light phone with gorilla glass, good battery life (better than my omnia w) like 1800 mah+ and at least 32 gb storage( with minimum 8 gb inbuilt)

Nothing seems to match my needs :mad:

shingi_70

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Not sure. I'm on tmobile so right now its looking between the 8X or 820.

The 8X is looking like the better device but wireless charging and the ability to have different colors is tempting. Not to mention a SD card. (Though I stream most music)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

animalkracker

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
i was sold on the 920 on launch day, but the more i play with my buddies 900 it feels really bulky! way to big... most of which is bezel and body. not very thin either. and from what ive seen the 920 is even bigger...

Having toyed with a 900 myself, I couldn't get past the size, weight, and sharp corners. It just doesn't feel as good in the pocket. On paper, it's definitely on top, but I'll have to play with them all.

The 8X is simply beautiful, and anything would be slimmer and have a better screen than my Arrive. I think he gets jealous when I'm ogling all these new phones.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
920 over the 8x for me. I'm really not considering the ativ. The size doesn't bother me, I carried a Titan for a few months and had no problems with it, although I'm quite surprised to see the 920 is slightly thinner than the 8x, though the 8x weighs less of course. I'm assuming (ack!) the camera on the 920 and 8x will be comparable.

I'd say the biggest decision factors for me are:

1. Screen: I really disliked the screen on the Titan, so it's guilt by association for the 8x until I see it in person
2. Apps: I really love Nokia's maps, music, etc. I wasn't a huge fan of HTC's apps; I'd say the weather one was the best, but I'll still use amazing weather or weatherlive
3. Wireless charging: Maybe a bit of a gimmick, but I'm intrigued by it

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
920 over the 8x for me. I'm really not considering the ativ. The size doesn't bother me, I carried a Titan for a few months and had no problems with it, although I'm quite surprised to see the 920 is slightly thinner than the 8x, though the 8x weighs less of course. I'm assuming (ack!) the camera on the 920 and 8x will be comparable.

I'd say the biggest decision factors for me are:

1. Screen: I really disliked the screen on the Titan, so it's guilt by association for the 8x until I see it in person
2. Apps: I really love Nokia's maps, music, etc. I wasn't a huge fan of HTC's apps; I'd say the weather one was the best, but I'll still use amazing weather or weatherlive
3. Wireless charging: Maybe a bit of a gimmick, but I'm intrigued by it

I think the 8X is thinner actually, but like 0.58mm or something. Not really much.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Nokia/HTC are putting out some great products, Nokia has some cool featuers, but really, who uses their touch screen with gloves? It has some great Nokia based apps and features, but bottom line they are pretty neck in neck, you just have to ask who makes a better product, Nokia or HTC, its tough, I would say it depends on if T-Mobile carries the 920 or not, but its a tough race between 920 and 8x.

I ride my bike a lot around the city. When it's cool (which is a lot here in the UK) I can't stand changing the music track at the traffic lights with my lips!!

The Lumia 920 is going to be awesome.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
What I really want is an 8S or Lumia 820 with a 720p screen. I prefer the smaller size and I also think the look better than their higher end counterparts.

I think I'll have to hold them and see the screens in person to decide between the 8X and 920- both very solid phones. I've searched online but I'm still not 100% sure nokia maps and drive will be available on all W8 phones. If both are on the 8X i'll probably go that route, but if offline maps aren't available that might be the deciding factor.

Last edited:

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I had voted Ativ S, but after sleeping on it, I'm switching to HTC 8X. Camera quality and sound quality both matter to me, and the 8X looks to deliver. And I'd rather have a 4.3" phone that felt solid than a 4.8" phone that didn't. Finally, HTC seems to be prioritizing WP8, whereas Samsung's new "the next big thing is already here" ad (about the Galaxy S3) shows where their priorities remain.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I had voted Ativ S, but after sleeping on it, I'm switching to HTC 8X. Camera quality and sound quality both matter to me, and the 8X looks to deliver. And I'd rather have a 4.3" phone that felt solid than a 4.8" phone that didn't. Finally, HTC seems to be prioritizing WP8, whereas Samsung's new "the next big thing is already here" ad (about the Galaxy S3) shows where their priorities remain.
Wel... I don't blame the #1 in android devices to be skeptical about WP8 when WP7 was kind of a flop...

But they release 4 Windows devices which shows good commitment.

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 800 which I don't plan on changing anytime soon.

However, if I should get a ne, I think I'd go with the Lumia 820. I really like being able to change the back cover should it get scratched and I want to support Nokia. Besides, their exclusive apps are amazing, wireless charging is a feature I'd really like and they do deliver great quality hardware. Though the 820 sadly doesn't have gorilla glass I think I'd go with that one for the above mentioned reasons as I fear that the 920 would be a bit too big. But I'd have to check in a store first anyway.

I could also easily see myself with the HTC 8X as it is an owesome looking phone which would suit my needs as well. But as I said I want to support Nokia and Nokia currently has some perks that (sadly) I find the other companies cannot match.

Sometimes I think it would be cool if Nokia would release paid (or even free) versions of their apps on the marketplace for other Windows Phones. But I don't know if thats something they are allowed to or even want to do.

chillblue68

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
please help NOKIA TRANSIT!!!

The 8x has the exact design I want but the 820 has a removable battery and nokia transit. I literally need these things to survive and go where ineed to go where I live(san francisco). Does anyone know if the 8x is getting the whole suite of nokia maps? or just drive. Because if the later is the case... than ive got to go with the lower end 820

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb