HTC Radar has really disappointed me

Lulu1958

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Just whining about this phone and its my fault for not doing my research.

1. No Bluethooth file transfer

2. No visual notification for texts or emails

3. Cannot use music for ringtones - windows gives instructions on how to do it and it
doesn't work.

If it had even two out of the three above that would be something. Its got a lot of good things about it but I cant believe that they decided not to include what even the very basic phone has.

I know that this is not a deal breaker for some but it is for me. It has the green flashing light for missed calls and voice mails and it doesn't work for texts and emails?

Wasted my money.

Lesley

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not aware of any WP7 phone having Bluetooth file transfer. By visual notification, I take it to mean an LED light on the phone? If so, yes, I agree with you. WP7 is severely lacking in a simple LED notification. I wish it had it, too.

You could always sell it and get a phone that better suits you.

Blackwood504

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site

3. Cannot use music for ringtones - windows gives instructions on how to do it and it
doesn't work.

If it had even two out of the three above that would be something. Its got a lot of good things about it but I cant believe that they decided not to include what even the very basic phone has.

I know that this is not a deal breaker for some but it is for me. It has the green flashing light for missed calls and voice mails and it doesn't work for texts and emails?

Wasted my money.

Lesley

The only thing you can't do is bluetooth file transfer. You can make ringtones out of your own music, you can't do it directly on your phone (if that's what you mean). Phone call, voice mail, and text notifications are on the lockscreen (unless you are talking about a blinking LED).

Anyway...always do your research before you buy anything.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

doesn't work.

Wasted my money.

Lesley
theres apps on the phone that lets u take youtube videos and cut them to whatever part of the song u want and make them a ringtone ...Yourang is a popular one but the last i checked it wasnt working properly (needs to be updated) and a newer one called MP3tube and it lets u save and apply as a ringtone all on the phone

to do it on the pc u cut the ringtone how u want and then on zune and change the genre of the file to ringtone and sync it over its simple

no visual notifications for calls or emails/messages? theres a live tile that shows missed calls, and the led blinks for missed calls, theres a live tile for emails and messages 2 and all of those display on the lock screen as well what more visual do u need?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99