I'm just glad that there will be something for everyone

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
With all this hoopla about Nokia vs HTC vs Samsung, I am just glad that there will be something for EVERYONE on WP8. When you think about the way the tiers of phones are spread out among the 3 OEMs, you simply have something for everyone at every budget level. No one will have a horrible phone and you can easily get a phone that match your needs to you wallet.

I see HTC having the lower end of the phones locked down with the 8s series while most of the higher end fatter wallet folks could get a Lumia 920, but if they didn't want that bulk and large screen, then an HTC 8x will suit most of their needs. I'm not sure if this was a strategy by MSFT to kind of stagger the tiers of the phones out this way, but I say it will work out for WP8 really well. Plus Between Nokia and HTC they have the best looking phones on the market. AND you can pick colors that more or less define you. You can more or less pick out the more outgoing folks by their color choices.

All this is most dependent on the price of each device though. Then when you think about the average consumer, they might not care much about the guts of the phones as long as they get they WP experience and the color they want along with a decent camera and minimal problems (which WP8 should provide)

It's an exciting time to adopt a WP8 phone.:lol:

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Then when you think about the average consumer, they might not care much about the guts of the phones as long as they get they WP experience and the color they want along with a decent camera and minimal problems (which WP8 should provide)

This is very true. Unless I am talking to a big tech person, I NEVER hear a person mention what processor or amount of ram a phone has. It is about looks and general experience (sometimes whats "cool" also *cough* apple *cough*)

Advertising should be around the looks of the phones along with how well the basic features work (Nokia Drive, Social network integration, etc.)

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Completely agree, but I don't think it's going to stop the lot of people that are vocal about their complaints

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Me too. I will have absolutely no concerns pushing WP8 to my friends and family this year.

If you want it big, go for the Samsung. High tech (Qi charging, OIS etc. a must) go for the Nokia. Well designed and not to heavy, go for the ones by Htc.

Simplified, but there really is one for everyone. And as for complaints. I really haven't seen the perfect phone yet, ever. There will always be comprises and someone to think that the wrong compromise have been made.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
The only hurdle is getting the rest of the world to realize it. One major problem is that people have hundreds of dollars invested in iPhone or android apps. Once we get more useful and official apps, we will be on fire.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett