Low Light Quaulity Video Samples: Lumia 820, 920 & Ativ S

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
But I prefer the colors of the ATIV s, they are more realistic, but the Lumia has a nice quality a little better than the ATIVs.

A little better isn't cutting it. The 920 is supposed to be far and away better in low light. So either nokia is lying again or the videos are fake.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't care about the camera or the video and I am quite confident about that the L920 will have the superior camera overall. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it was close.

I mean, you guys have only experienced the Focus, which is not a bad phone by any means, but it is a far cry from their top end. And when they use all of their manufacturing resources, they can compete with just about anyone.

I have noticed a lot of shocked people but don't be surprised if the Ativ S takes a couple of rounds. Probably wont win the match but I am sure it will win some rounds.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I didn't knew that. Oh Nokia.

It's not an "oh Nokia" thing here.

In this case it comes down to an understanding of what OIS is. OIS stabilizes an image. The low light quality is a direct result of the stabilization because it allows the shutter to train open longer, letting in more light.

It would not apply to video because there isn't an exposure time on video. It's continuous.

The tech was explained pretty clearly during the announcement.

Blackwood504

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
It's not an "oh Nokia" thing here.

In this case it comes down to an understanding of what OIS is. OIS stabilizes an image. The low light quality is a direct result of the stabilization because it allows the shutter to train open longer, letting in more light.

It would not apply to video because there isn't an exposure time on video. It's continuous.

The tech was explained pretty clearly during the announcement.

Yea...they were only talking about still photos for amazing low light shots. Winning Guy is correct. The only thing they mentioned about the video was image stabilization...less "shaky cam" stuff

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yea...they were only talking about still photos for amazing low light shots. Winning Guy is correct. The only thing they mentioned about the video was image stabilization...less "shaky cam" stuff

Lmao trust he will probably find something else to refute that.

Anyhow, its impressive to see how far smartphone cameras have came along

TofuDelight

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
But I prefer the colors of the ATIV s, they are more realistic, but the Lumia has a nice quality a little better than the ATIVs.
IMO, it's hard to say whose colours are better without being there with your own eyes to see what the real colours are like. All we can say is that we think one colour is closer to what we imagine it should be. But this opinion might be affected by the fact that you watched the Ativ video first.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
IMO, it's hard to say whose colours are better without being there with your own eyes to see what the real colours are like. All we can say is that we think one colour is closer to what we imagine it should be. But this opinion might be affected by the fact that you watched the Ativ video first.

Just give the ATIV credit where credit is due. The difference is not that much anyway, both look good. (Except the 820, because ew)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte