Visit site
Launch devices
2 Nokia
2 HTC
2 Huawei
1 Samsung

= 7 devices

Upcoming devices. My opinion
2 Samsung ( Likely a low end phone and a mid range)
3 Nokia (I think) (Zeal, Nokia Lumia 510 and one Wp8 device)
1 HTC (high end)(Zenith)
1 ZTE
1 Lenovo
1 Fujitsu
1 Acer
= 10 devices
Rumoured OEM devices coming
1 Asus
1 HP(Possibly but very likely using Wp8)
= 2 devices

a total of 19 deivces in whole but 17 without rumoured OEM devices. I think It's a lot. We're gonna get bigger

Also is it a requirement that the big three WP OEMs (HTC, Nokia and Samsung) must have three devices low end. Mid range and High end?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that you listed the rumored Lumia 510. That is supposedly going to be running v7.x.

By "low end", I mean that they're going to be cheaper phones targeting emerging markets. Phones that can sell off-contract for under $250.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Handset vendors shouldn't be selling WP 7 handsets. It waters down the market for app developers and will piss off owners when they realize their "Windows Phone" cannot run Windows Phone titles made for 8.

It's like Microsoft allowing vendors to continue selling Windows Me PCs long after Windows 7 shipped.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Handset vendors shouldn't be selling WP 7 handsets. It waters down the market for app developers and will piss off owners when they realize their "Windows Phone" cannot run Windows Phone titles made for 8.

It's like Microsoft allowing vendors to continue selling Windows Me PCs long after Windows 7 shipped.

I think when people are buying a budget phone, they know that they will have some limitations.

Well, as long as the person selling the phone isn't a filthy liar.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I dunno. Most people will see "Windows Phone" and think "Windows Phone." Then, if they discover their Windows Phone isn't a Windows Phone 8, they'll get very annoyed that it won't run the latest Zynga title, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa