Upgrading unlocked WP7 phone?

dantedarko

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea if this is in the right place, so if it isn't, please move it.

I'm hoping to pick up an older model unlocked WP7 phone (the LG Optimus 7, if that makes a difference), but as I'm brand-new to Windows Phone, I'm unsure if I can upgrade it to Windows Phone 7.5 on account of it being unlocked. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I really have no idea. Thanks!

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea if this is in the right place, so if it isn't, please move it.

I'm hoping to pick up an older model unlocked WP7 phone (the LG Optimus 7, if that makes a difference), but as I'm brand-new to Windows Phone, I'm unsure if I can upgrade it to Windows Phone 7.5 on account of it being unlocked. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I really have no idea. Thanks!
Yes, you can upgrade it to 7.5 :) You'll also be able to upgrade to 7.8 when that comes out, if interested.

harpinder

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
HI there
i am not able to update my nokia lumia 7.5 to os version 7.10.8773.98 to 8779 which enables the phone to use a wifi hotspot.i have searched a lot on google but nothing helped me to solve my problem.
zune tells me the current os version but not showing me the latest update.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
HI there
i am not able to update my nokia lumia 7.5 to os version 7.10.8773.98 to 8779 which enables the phone to use a wifi hotspot.i have searched a lot on google but nothing helped me to solve my problem.
zune tells me the current os version but not showing me the latest update.
Have you tried the force update trick?
1) Disconnect you WP7 from Wifi and 3G/Data Connection.
2) Connect your WP7 to Zune, go to Phone Tab settings and check for update.
3) Once the search for update starts, wait for 3 to 5 seconds and disconnect your Laptop/Desktop from internet (Wifi and/or ethernet).
4) just wait as the zune will continue searching. don't disconnect your phone, just wait.
5) The update will appear for you. here connect back your Laptop/Desktop to internet.
6) Click on Update.

Try it a few more times if it doesn't work. If it still doesn't after that, I'm not sure of another way. You'll have to wait it out and hope it pops up, or hold out for the 7.8 update.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
All current Windows Phone (LG Optimus 7, HTC TITAN, etc) will get 7.5 and 7.8 - International Unlocked or otherwise. Don't worry, you will get your update :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234