Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
WjYUG.gif

Courtesy of Reddit

Last edited:

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Is that the startup animation or is that the animation when you hit the Windows Button to go back to the main screen?

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
It hints that at the app list, which is a nice touch given that they killed the gutter and the arrow teasing you to swipe over to access the app list. It also ties in well with the full bleed concept Metro does so well and makes it feel like the phone is a window to so much more than what's displayed at a glance. I like it.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Nice way to hint at the app list without having the gutter sitting there all the time. Also looks cool. Hope the animation is very short when not slowed down for the GIF, or else it will get tiresome with time.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, does this mean all panoramas and pivots in apps will do the same? Could be kind of cool looking... I think I like it!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, does this mean all panoramas and pivots in apps will do the same?
Pivots are different (content flies in and out, it's not a "static" canvas that is swiped around), but panorama apps already do something similar, or at least the native ones.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but when the tiles flip, they go too far and bounce back. Check the video at :07
It's more like they shake a bit then stabilise. I kind of like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos