This is why Windows Phone is SO far behind.

Yangstax

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
AR.Drone 2.0 RC Quadricopter from Parrot

Yup, all these genius developers making apps like this for iOS/Android and not for Windows Phone.
But things are about to change though. When W8 and WP8 new hardwares start shipping after 10/26, you will quickly see the momentum shift. Developers will start porting their apps over to W8 and WP8 in waves. It will be interesting to see how fast the pace is. The statistics for market shares and units sold will change quarter by quarter. IDC predicted WP phones will surpass iphones by the end of 2016. It could be sooner. It all depends on how quickly the WP apps can catch up. With the release of WP8 and Nokia L920, you at least can see the hardware design and OS have already caught up or even surpassed their IOS/Android counterparts.

addman

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Personally, such apps are totally useless for me. My phone is about communicating and getting stuff done, not playing with toys. I guess there are people that "need" apps like that.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
How many people own quadricopters?

How many people own Xbox 360s?

Given the results of those two questions, what's the best phone for "playing with toys" you actually own?

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I don't really need to fly a helicopter with my phone. I doubt most people do.

I seriously doubt that a remote controlled helicopter is the reason WP is SO far behind... WP is still a new system compared to Android and IOS. When the marketshare catches up - and it will - the apps will follow.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone is so far behind because the developer of a piece of technology that 0.0001% of the world owns doesn't offer an app for the platform?

Smoledman, get some better material.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
We just need to sell more Windows Phones. When the market is 40% WP8 devices developers will build for WP.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Son of a .....! This is just the app I needed to FINALLY have a leg up on challenging my Navy-pilot brother-in-law to a choppa-crashing death! And now I'm screwed because I use a Windows Phone. Guess it's time to pack in the towel boys and girls... I hear there's a very magical, all-new phone that was just released recently... from Motorola!

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It's more simple than that. The developer base doesn't exist for Windows Phone yet because Microsoft didn't really support it's own system. When they brought out WP7, they relied almost solely on the hardware producers to sell it and put it out there. Why would somebody want to spend time, effort, and money on a platform that the owner didn't even seem to put much effort behind?

Now that they apparently are making the effort to put Windows9 and tie in Windows Phone 8 along with Tablets and other portables, perhaps now, developers will begin to see some payback for their efforts. They did so well, for so many years with Windows Mobile.

They dropped the ball when they abandoned that OS for the new. I think they may have learned something from that judging from how they are handling the WP8, WP7.8 changeover. They could have very easily done the same thing to everyone who'd spent time/money on WP7 but they at least are doing something to keep it going for a little longer until WP8 has time to develop and grow.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
have u even tried does TOY apps on Ios and Droid? its horrible. get a real remote control.

Statements about MS not doing enough is simply not true . MS has more Support for WP then Apple does for Ios or google for Droid.

MS has Developer events on monthly base every month sins day ONE to try to bring more DEV`s over. (something apple and google never do ) Ios and Droid just have a bigger user base hence why its better for DEV`s to develop useless apps for does OS cause they have a better chance to make $$$$ :straight:

textomatic

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The reason Windows Phone is behind is because Microsoft puts a bunch of restrictions on their OS, for the better good, but at the same time it hampers the platform with outdated hardware. Hopefully this will all change in WP8 because the NT Kernel used is WP8 is it from here on out. No more drastic changes in the OS language. The new OS is also suppose to be able to scale to different multicore processors so hopefully Microsoft and WP can stay on par with the rest of the industry when it comes to new hardware advancements. But I fear that if the new Lumia 920 and HTC 8X don't gain WP some market shares then the end is near. It's do or die. I'm hoping for "do."

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
WP is so far behind because it started much later than the competition. Of course they're going to be behind!

When you start, you don't get to start at the front.

Whether people believe it or not, it's still very early in the ecosystem game.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
You know, I almost dove into the SDK to see if I could make a Windows Phone controller app, but I'd actually need to own one of these first... If someone wants to buy me one I might give it a shot... ;)

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Will all the new apps be available to WP 7 devices too? I don't want my phone to be left in the dark.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The app isn't just a controller, it captures video & photos AND allows you to post them to Youtube. It's a controller + iMovie in one app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb