The 920 is obviously coming to Verizon so just stop *EDIT* Or not.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Some of you are just going to end up looking silly tomorrow. Basically every main contributor of every major WP site has now basically hinted tomorrow we will find out more about this. So chill.

Evidence 1 CTRL+F "Tom Warren" after comments load.

Evidence 2: Danny R a few hours ago;

By Daniel Rubino on Thu, 04 Oct 2012 11:16 pm EDT

You guys need to stop reading into that "exclusive" thing so much...more on that tomorrow.

Last edited:

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Apparently you guys missed the Daniel's comment in the main story comments. Or Tom Warren's comment on the verge telling the angry mob to wait until later today before complaining about exclusivity.

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
You're getting my hopes up, thanks I guess. If a variant of the 920 doesn't come out to VZW I'll explode. My Galaxy Nexus is lagging like crazy on Jelly Bean. I really need a new phone and one that will LAST.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Having the 920, or some variant of it, on Verizon could be VERY good for WP market share/awareness. Add to that a "Droid level marketing campaign for WP" that I've seen a couple people mention around these parts (if true), and things could be looking up for ol' Microsoft. And Nokia.

After all, it was Verizon that put Android on the map, despite T-Mobile getting the first device.

Here's to hoping the OP is correct and that we find out something definitive tomorrow.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
If it happens, it will be a smart deal from Nokia. Nokia needs phones out there. What will be the factor that differentiates the L922 from the L920 though?

Looks like the stocks might take a battering today though.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not discounting the fact that Verizon may get a different numerical variant of the 920, but if they don't I'm sure I'd be all right with an 8X. I'm just glad that 3 high profile devices are being offered at launch.

rollo132

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not discounting the fact that Verizon may get a different numerical variant of the 920, but if they don't I'm sure I'd be all right with an 8X. I'm just glad that 3 high profile devices are being offered at launch.
after initial anger and grief at the att announcement, i'm with you on this one. the 920 is a superb device, but the 8X isn't gonna suck by any means.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
We all know the 920 (or something like it) will be on Verizon eventually. The people that want it, want it on launch day.... Not 45, or 90 days down the road.. Launch day. I'm still holding out for something like that, but not getting my hopes up.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
We all know the 920 (or something like it) will be on Verizon eventually. The people that want it, want it on launch day.... Not 45, or 90 days down the road.. Launch day. I'm still holding out for something like that, but not getting my hopes up.
If I hadn't sold my Galaxy Nexus in anticipation of getting a WP8 device on launch day, I might have considered waiting a week or 2 if that time frame were set in stone. However, now that I'm using a 4 year old flip phone, I will be at the Verizon store on day 1. If that means I end up with an 8X, so be it as it was a close 2nd to the 920 on my list.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
If I hadn't sold my Galaxy Nexus in anticipation of getting a WP8 device on launch day, I might have considered waiting a week or 2 if that time frame were set in stone. However, now that I'm using a 4 year old flip phone, I will be at the Verizon store on day 1. If that means I end up with an 8X, so be it as it was a close 2nd to the 920 on my list.

Same here. I really want the 920, but there is nothing about it worth waiting even more then a day for. It's 8X or ATIV for me. Still not sure which one but the ATIV has a huge battery compared to the 8X. I dunno.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel