Is this the worst product roll-out you have ever seen?

Joelist

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
If you want to find fault on this launch, I suppose the single biggest issue would be that we STILL do not have confirmation on which carriers have which devices, and launch is only 3 weeks away.

Perhaps the best approach would have been to have everybody under an NDA until all carrier details are finalized. Then lift all the NDAs on the same day, hold your big announcement party and have all carriers there to announce their phones/tablets, the pricing and dates for preorder and release. Also make it a requirement that release must occur no more than 10 days after the big party.

What that would do is control the uncertainty.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
now I can agree 100% that WP8 has been the worse roll-out I ever seen... still carriers that didn't officially confirm devices, carriers without pricing/pre orders etc.

lost most of my hype now.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Relax guys, I found a picture confirming that the Lumia 920 is already shipping to the United States.

NokiaLumia920ShippingUpdate.jpg

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Seeing a lot of crying here but no suggestions. If you think you could do better send NOK / MSTF a resume. My opinion is you have no idea of the complexities, and COSTS associated with such a task.
And the amount of delays that can occur at any time. Most of which is unexpected.

If the rumors are true about the notification center / system being improved, but Microsoft running out of time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss