Messaging "can't connect to chat"

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Same problem persists 2-3 days already.
And to people who regrets buying WP> Why did you bought it anyways ? WP platform is more of a huge open beta test than OS which is ready to pleasure all your wishes, deal with it. It will take months to get this OS working properly.

Kenneth Aliprandini

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I bought it for the facebook intergration. Its the only way i would use Facebook chat. Now i an connecting my iPod to my phones hot spot to use it. If they have it fixed I'll stick with win phones.

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Same problem persists 2-3 days already.
And to people who regrets buying WP> Why did you bought it anyways ? WP platform is more of a huge open beta test than OS which is ready to pleasure all your wishes, deal with it. It will take months to get this OS working properly.

I got it because the store was selling a WP really cheap, off contract. The hardware is good, just the software is a problem.

Selfie13

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: facebook chat not working

I understand that **** happens, especially since messaging is merging or has merged with Skype, but I'm on day 5 or 6 right now. For Christ sake Microsoft, at least acknowledge the problem and then turn your head around and start mumbling to all of us , at least I could say we have effectively started communicating

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
guys i have the same problem i cant see who online. guys dont what i did but i fix mine. just try message me if it work with you guys. i just set my chat status to off line i think a day or something. just make it a long offline chat status. then i just make it available just now it was fix.

Kenneth Aliprandini

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
it's not working for a few others but working for most.
first of all just to be 100% sure, relink your facebook to your outlook. if it's still a problem it will probably be another annoying waiting game.

Maryam ayub

May 8, 2013
Visit site
yyRe: Messaging "can't connect to chat"

check out whether your battery saver mode is on or off, bcoz when battery saver mode is on you have to switch on chat manually

Nik Hill

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
this problem started happening to me last Thursday out of the blue. tried all the fixes but no go. I now can only use fb chat through the facebook app which is less than convenient. anyone aware of any new fixes or work arounds that I may have missed?

Lexus Aquarius

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Had this problem since I got the phone last week. It can sporadically connect, but very rarely and when connected not all messages come through. New Zealand here.

Lexus Aquarius

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Had this problem since I got the phone last week. It can sporadically connect and even when connected most messages don't come through. From New Zealand.

bachthejock

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem for awhile. I just went to my contacts setting and it said I to put in my fb pw again. After that, my chat service works again from the messaging window. Hope it helps.

Graham Cranstoun

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 and it doesn't work on mine...my sone has a Lumia 720 and it works fine........ mine did work for about one day a week or so back and has stopped again.....
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Graham Cranstoun

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
All my contacts etc and pictures come through from facebook and the ME tile updates with my FB stuff and notifications.....it's just the Chat that has topped agian and won't start up...

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
when your battery is low it doesn't connect. And this would be before battery saver kicks in.

However there was a time when the messaging system was all fubared....you go to the messaging hub and it just reconnects online for you (when it should be always on). but when you lock the phone it just disconnects you so when you go back to the messaging hub it reconnects again... That doesn't seem to happen anymore though.

inadream88

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I can't seem to get confirmation code for messenger on my Lumia 920. I have been trying all day... And without it, I cannot log in. Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this problem?

Darren Hughes2

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: facebook chat not working

Anybody else having issue's with facebook chat not working ? All i get is the "cannot connect to see who is online " error , Same on wifi or 3g

Gone through various supposed fixes i found online like my deleting facebook account from the phone then re adding it , but no joy , this happened out of the blue

I havnt changed any setting atol, i use thus feature alot, one of the main reasons i love my lumia 800

Anybody have any suggestions ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3