Messaging "can't connect to chat"

seanocasey

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
facebook chat not working

Anybody else having issue's with facebook chat not working ? All i get is the "cannot connect to see who is online " error , Same on wifi or 3g

Gone through various supposed fixes i found online like my deleting facebook account from the phone then re adding it , but no joy , this happened out of the blue

I havnt changed any setting atol, i use thus feature alot, one of the main reasons i love my lumia 800

Anybody have any suggestions ?

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else is having problems connecting to chat (Messaging) in their WP today?
I've noticed this since the morning. Also, it seems I'm not getting the Kik toast notifications.

addman

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else is having problems connecting to chat (Messaging) in their WP today?
I've noticed this since the morning. Also, it seems I'm not getting the Kik toast notifications.

Yup! Got the same "error". I'm actually glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem, I guess it's something wrong at MS's end then. Miss my IM :(

addman

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else having issue's with facebook chat not working ? All i get is the "cannot connect to see who is online " error , Same on wifi or 3g

Gone through various supposed fixes i found online like my deleting facebook account from the phone then re adding it , but no joy , this happened out of the blue

I havnt changed any setting atol, i use thus feature alot, one of the main reasons i love my lumia 800

Anybody have any suggestions ?

Yup, having the same problem here. Started this very morning when I turned the phone on. Guess it's a widespread error and the problem is at Microsofts end. Probably be up and running soon enough.

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. I don't use the IM chat feature all that often but now that it's not working I'm fixated on the problem and constantly checking to see if the issue has been resolved haha.

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Same prob here. Havent attempted any fixes........but it looks like there aren't any solutions anyway. Looks like we're just going to have to wait till MS fixes the issue.

Reminds me of the FB problems from the summer......ah well.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Same issue (Lumia 800) - I attempted a hard reset, but it didn't help. What might be the problem?

Oops, seems a little drastic. I've learned that it's better to ask if it's a widespread problem before hard resetting. I can't count the number of times I did that only to find that it didn't solve the issue.

Anyway, seems like it's something on Microsoft's end.

phil8715

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Last night I installed Lumiatrix v5 and I tried to connect to Facebook chat on my Nokia Lumia 710, I keep getting cannot connect.

I thought it was just the rom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3