Does samsung have a surprise for us?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. For some reason samsung has been very quiet on their Ativ S device. Does this mean they have something in store for us?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
To me, it lends a bit more credence to the "Samsung to quit Windows Phone in 2013" rumor we heard so long ago. It's as if they are simply fulfilling some sort of contractual obligation to Microsoft to put forth a launch phone and then ignoring it.

Samsung executives: "It looks like a Galaxy device, it's thin and chic like everyone wants, and it'll sell a few bones. Okay, now let's start working on more Android devices!"

It'd be nice if they had more to say about Windows Phone, or some more devices and accessories and such, but I doubt it.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
They won't make any noise until they finish up their Note 2 stuff. Which works out well considering they need to attend to their Windows 8 stuff right after. They will probably market the entire Ativ line together.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I think it is just a sign that they really don't care about Windows Phone anymore. Samsung is more interested in growing their own OS than growing another 3rd party OS.

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
knowing that it is the only windows phone 8 device with the actual OS log on the back. I would not be surprised at all if microsoft pushed this phone directly from the Microsoft store unlocked at a reasonable price. we could also see bundles with the ativ smart pc, and ativ tab. so yes there might be a method to Samsung's madness after all :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon