How to upgrade? At&t

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello! So now that the 920 is "official" on AT&T on Nov. 4th, we can safely assume there will be a pre-order date.

Does anyone have any experience with pre-ordering a new phone, and signing up for a new contract? I am currently on Verizon, but moving to AT&T, so I do not currently have an AT&T contract.

This gets a little more complicated. My wife will be getting the new iPhone and we're signing up for a contract together. So she will have her phone from the first day. Does anyone know if we sign up for a contract on the pre-order day for the L920, and she gets her iPhone that day because it's already in stock, will I have to pay for the week of "service" while I wait for my preorder? Or will she have to wait another week to get her iPhone until my L920 comes in?

Thanks for the help!

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Why does she have to wait for you? She can get her iphone and start a new account and when you get your 920 have that line added to her account and make it a family plan with you both sharing the minutes.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Why does she have to wait for you? She can get her iphone and start a new account and when you get your 920 have that line added to her account and make it a family plan with you both sharing the minutes.

True story here. Just did this with my folks to get us the 10GB family share plan. Once you join, you'll just get a prorated amount added to your bill. You should also be able to request keeping your same number when you order as well. Welcome to the AT&T family!

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
True story here. Just did this with my folks to get us the 10GB family share plan. Once you join, you'll just get a prorated amount added to your bill. You should also be able to request keeping your same number when you order as well. Welcome to the AT&T family!

Exactly, when you're ready talk to AT&T about porting over your current phone number.

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

I forgot to mention that I get a discount on our future plan through work, but only if I'm the primary line. So I'm assuming I would have to sign up "first"

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
And you are assuming the iPhone will be available when you go in to pick up your 920? Or have sales leveled off that much already where that won't be a problem.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention that I get a discount on our future plan through work, but only if I'm the primary line. So I'm assuming I would have to sign up "first"

Sign up her line in your name. All five of the lines in my family plan are in my name: my wife's, son's, brother's and girlfriend's. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon