Htc 8x = at&t

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
This is just a FYI for all those who keep insisting that VZW is on board and will have WP8 phones next month. In addition to the Nokia 920 being an AT&T exclusive, and the 820 being defined as "from AT&T," HTC has the 8X up on their website with the carrier being listed as (guess who) AT&T. Personally I think VZW is as committed to the platform as they were to WP7. Yes, VZW will have a phone but don't be surprised if it is actually a lower-end phone and it is sometime closer to the end of the year. Getting FCC certification does not mean it is a product with a carrier, it means that a CDMA carrier can sell it. There is a big difference between the two statements. Until VZW officially announces products, I really wish people would stop putting them on VZW's shelves. When they announce any phones then they exist.

Last edited:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
It's incredible how hard they've made all this in the US.

Still a few weeks back I was complaining to my friends how I wished I lived in the US for like 50-100$ phones, but now I've realized how much better off europe is in the mobile phone industry in every imaginable way :/

But I believe it was already like confirmed'ish that 8X would land on at least all the major carriers? Or was that based on the FCC thingies? I really hope so, cos we need WP to get marketshare, regardless of what OEM made the phone as long as the OS gets marketshare, with a cheaper price tag too the 8X could have a decent chance of spreading the gospel too.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
You must be losing sleep over this. Pretty much copy/pasting this post all over this site. All I can say is that I can't wait to serve you up some crow. Why would Verizon start marketing a phone that has an unrevealed os and no exclusivity to them? HTC already said the 8x is coming to Verizon in their presser. Not sure what more you want.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
ldkig.gif

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Of course the only listed carrier is AT&T. AT&T is the only one who has announced they are carrying it.

Direct quote from the press release from HTC:

Availability

The Windows Phone 8X and 8S by HTC will be available beginning in November. Available through more than 150 carriers in 50+ countries, the Windows Phone 8X or 8S by HTC will be available from the world?s top carriers including: United States: AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless. Europe: Orange, O2 Telefonica, MTS, Three UK, T-Mobile, and Vodafone Asia-Pacific: Chunghwa Telecom, Optus, Singtel Group, Smartone, Telstra and Vodafone Australia.

Link:HTC Press Release - HTC and Microsoft unveil first signature Windows Phones | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz