Remember the IE9 ads? I hope MS does ads as good as this for WP8

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA8sLsM3McU&feature=relmfu[/YT]

'And it feels like I am just too close to love you...'

I feel that the ad was a very good attempt. At least compared to Googlighting.

WP8 ads, any expectations?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You just did. :)

This was the first time I saw it.

Truth be told, had IE9 been something new at this time, the ad would not convince me to use IE9 instead of Firefox or Opera.

The ad is pretty, but it does not show why IE9 is better than other browsers. I'd need to see what features it offers that the other browsers lack.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

Truth be told, had IE9 been something new at this time, the ad would not convince me to use IE9 instead of Firefox or Opera.

The ad is pretty, but it does not show why IE9 is better than other browsers. I'd need to see what features it offers that the other browsers lack.

You know the ideas behind ads...'Ooo, flashy!' And they will use it. That's the theory at least.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I would rather have ads for WP8 like what we saw a few days back with 4 leaked W8 ads.

That said, MSFT is spending $1.5 billion from this weekend till the launch i.e. 26th October on marketing. So I am really hoping to see some great advertising and marketing boost near the launch!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd actually like to see something like this iPad ad. It's not flashy, but it shows off features.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjqSsScRCwQ[/YT]

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The IE9 ad is so catchy and eye appealing that I actually used IE for the first time in years. I still love my Chrome and Opera but at least the ad drew my attention!

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

It actually got me to try IE exclusively for a few days... It actually wasn't that bad, but when you get used to firefox with a bunch of ad ons, it's hard to switch.

I like the W8 commercials, catchy music, and informative. They should showcase WP8 in a similar way IMO.

Yakkaimono

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The ad campaign seemed pretty big to me in early summer here in germany. It was played in almost every other commercial break. I remember seeing it on the big screens between the concerts in rock im park 2012.
Now that's how advertisement should be and going at WP8 ads in a similar fashion should at least help with getting more attention.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I see that IE9 ad ALL THE TIME here in the US. Kind of weird that they kicked off that ad campaign so late in the IE9s life. It's a great ad, btw.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes