help me solve this email mystery (getting settings from wp7)

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
My work email is set up on my WP7 - it is an imap account (groupwise - urg... no exchange or anything of the like)

It works perfectly on my WP7 - emails sent and receive...

However I cannot set up the account on any other device, in particularly my android tablet - Work does not official support IMAP so I can't ask there so I am trying to reverse-engineer from my WP7 set-up but it only provides limited information and I cannot remember how I set it up

So on my WP7 it tells me:

* Outgoing server requires authentication (ticked)

* use the same username and password for sending email (ticked)

So I know the username is right, the password is right, the SMTP service is right - but is there any way I can work out what authentication is being used and the port?

How did I even set the port or method if it doesn't asked to provide or set that information?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Did you set it up as Exchange? If so, what domain and server? Those might be needed in the Android email app settings.

I've never owned an Android device and don't know what email app you're using, so I can't help there.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Did you set it up as Exchange? If so, what domain and server? Those might be needed in the Android email app settings.

I've never owned an Android device and don't know what email app you're using, so I can't help there.

No it's an IMAP account - I'm trying to work out what information I put into my WP7 to get it to work - there is no way I can currently see to dig further into the settings to find out.

So WP7 is using some form of authentication method but as far as I can tell, post set-up it is impossible for the user to tell *what* authentication is being used or which one I selected.

Forget the android bit of the question - how do I get information out of my WP7 device?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
No it's an IMAP account - I'm trying to work out what information I put into my WP7 to get it to work - there is no way I can currently see to dig further into the settings to find out.

So WP7 is using some form of authentication method but as far as I can tell, post set-up it is impossible for the user to tell *what* authentication is being used or which one I selected.

Forget the android bit of the question - how do I get information out of my WP7 device?

Ok. I don't know then.

The reason I asked is because I set up a Gmail account as Exchange, not IMAP.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
gmail supports exchange, the account I am trying to set only does not support exchange - it is IMAP only.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs