so... AT&T preorders tomorrow? in a few hours?

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
month or so ago, the 21st was highlighted as the day the 920 would go live.

since then, I havent really heard anything...

think somethings going to happen in the next 24 hours?

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it is announced on the 21st with details on availability and whatnot. I think they will announce when preorders start as well.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I called AT&T today, but no dice. On the other hand, the Best Buy circular did mention pre-orders for the HTC 8X, but no word on pricing.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
As I said in another thread...

good-news-everyone.png

Best Buy will start taking pre-orders for the 8X and 920 tomorrow (10/21). The contract price of 99.99 for the 8X and 149.99 for the 920. Unfortunately, the only color options are Blue for the 8X and Black for the 920.

How do I know this? Well I do work in BB Mobile, and this is what showed up in our employee news. Yes, the 8X contract price is 50 dollars less than Walmart's. However, it should be noted that the 8X price was for T-Mobile, and T-Mobile may charge a higher contract price like they did with the S3 initially (249.99 with a 2 year contract).

All that is required is a 50 dollar deposit. So to be quite honest, I am not sure if the contract prices listed above reflect that of after the deposit or not. I read it a few times over, and it doesn't seem like that is the case.

Edit: This also leads me to believe that, due to the promotion BB is having, the Lumia 920 will have a contract price of 199.99, and the 8X at 149.99.

Last edited:

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I am staying up till 12:01 central just in case. Just finished a Friday 13th all day marathon so will be up anyway lol

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Which carrier do you work it? Those are two of the most boring colors on the line up =/. I like the prices. (the ones with the offers)

Edit: Never mind undestood your post. I like the 150$ price, the 8X shouldn't be 199.99$ as it seems more like an OneS counterpart. I believe 99$ is the perfect price for the device.

Last edited:

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy in the US services Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon in stores. We also service T-Mobile online.

With that being said, the Lumia is obviously for AT&T, and the 8X is as well I believe. I ran the SKU in the register and it showed up as "AT&T Phone". I am gonna go to work tomorrow as well, so I will let everyone know. I honestly caught this news when we were closing so I was just tired and wanted to get out of there.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your efforts. I hope AT&T really don't have the 920 as Black Only and the 8X as Blue only.

I mean I understand why they would do it but still. I want people to get that Limegreen 8X on AT&T so they will visit my store to buy covers and I can grab the device with my own hands. I don't like to try the phones at AT&T because the thing on the back makes them unwieldy and T-mobile doesn't even turn their phones on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo