HTC 8S or Lumia 900

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys! I was pretty sure I was getting an 8S upon its release, however, I can get a Lumia 900 for the same price. I know the Lumia isn't getting WP8 but spec-wise it seems to be better... What do u think? Should I wait a couple of weeks for the 8S to be released or get a Lumia 900 right away? I need ur help!

Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express

dula714

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
If you like Nokia, get a Lumia 900 but I think it is better to wait for a 8S because it is newer. Did you consider Lumia 820?

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I did consider the 820, but it's much more expensive... It was off my list but I might get it in the end. The 8S will be 300?, the 900 is 350? and the 820 will be like 450?. I'm really confused and indecisive!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I did consider the 820, but it's much more expensive... It was off my list but I might get it in the end. The 8S will be 300?, the 900 is 350? and the 820 will be like 450?. I'm really confused and indecisive!

Your answer is clear only by prices and OS version: HTC 8S!

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I would expect the 900s price to fall through the floor.

I wouldn't buy a wp7 device any more, except maybe for development purposes.

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your replies! I did fall in love with the Atlantic Blue HTC 8S the moment I saw it, so I guess I'll go for it eventually. I suppose I'm just getting VERY Impatient. I can't find a release date anywhere! For the record, I pre-ordered it on Expansys last week but the lack of a definite date is driving me nuts! I saw somewhere it was due for November 15th, I hope it's sooner cuz it sounds like soooo far ahead!

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your replies! I did fall in love with the Atlantic Blue HTC 8S the moment I saw it, so I guess I'll go for it eventually. I suppose I'm just getting VERY Impatient. I can't find a release date anywhere! For the record, I pre-ordered it on Expansys last week but the lack of a definite date is driving me nuts! I saw somewhere it was due for November 15th, I hope it's sooner cuz it sounds like soooo far ahead!

well. you can use your Mozart to keep you for a while. then get your 8S

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys! I was pretty sure I was getting an 8S upon its release, however, I can get a Lumia 900 for the same price. I know the Lumia isn't getting WP8 but spec-wise it seems to be better... What do u think? Should I wait a couple of weeks for the 8S to be released or get a Lumia 900 right away? I need ur help!

Get the 8S, for the love of God get the 8S. Windows Phone 8 is much better.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna chime in here and say go for the 8s as well. It looks like a nice phone.

I'm with you on the lack of availability. I can hardly believe the phones are expected to be out within 2 weeks (at least in the U.S.) but there is still no set release information, and the OS hasn't even been officially fully revealed.

Janda45

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site

I have a near new Nokia Lumia 900 for sale. On eBay currently being sold by jjfairway. If you want to respond here and provide an email I'll do that as well.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you already have your answer but I'm going to side with the get the wp8 group. There is no reason to get a 7.5 phone now.

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
8s has a dual core processor and WP8
900 has a single core processor but a better camera based on specs.

I may replace my 900 with an 8s until a Surface phone comes out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes