I just checked my order status since it had originally said Oct 23-24th!... and I got this: "1 item(s) backordered.Usually ships in 1 - 2 weeks." Maybe pre-order allotment is sold out?

Jonathan
    10-22-2012 09:47 AM
    Doubtful. It's more likely that the Oct 23-24th date was an error. It's been widely rumored/confirmed that the L920 will be releasing in early November. Not that we all wouldn't like to get our hands on one by the end of the week!
    10-22-2012 09:55 AM
    I just checked my order status since it had originally said Oct 23-24th!... and I got this: "1 item(s) backordered.Usually ships in 1 - 2 weeks." Maybe pre-order allotment is sold out?

Jonathan
    This is pretty much the same for everyone, even those who ordered soon as the pre-order went live. The "back order" is just to wait for launch.
    10-22-2012 10:51 AM
    Mine says that as well. I'm on the phone with customer service to find out what happened. They said they don't know what's going on. I told them that I ordered through them partially because it of it's availability. She said that she has delivery down for Nov. 1st through the 12th. I mentioned that if I had know that, I may not have placed a pre-order. I asked if I could cancel and she said she wasn't sure that a cancellation would work with backorder status.

What is everyone else going to do?
    10-22-2012 11:54 AM

Jonathan
    The phone isn't released until 2 weeks. I ordered at 7 am yesterday CST and mine says the same thing.
    10-22-2012 12:16 PM
    yeah, I ordered early yesterday. initial report was 23rd, but that was obviously never true. order status always said 1-2 weeks.

whatever.
    10-22-2012 01:22 PM
    If you have been keeping track of when the Lumia 920 is supposed to come out, it should be obvious it won't be within a few days. For those who have not...well that's definitely on BB for not specifying.
    10-22-2012 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD