WP 7.8 Release Date

The Last Byte

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Brazil said it being released Q1 2013, it might be earlier for other devices.

I won't wait on it though, you might be waiting a LONG time :p

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure the wait is going to be worth it personally. MS have shown with the original Xbox, that as soon as new hardware hits, they will drop support for the older stuff in a heartbeat.

Smartglass is showing that WP7.5 isn't a priority. Of the games I have tried functionality on, none work properly as you either need WP8 or an iPhone.

Rather depressing that as a WP7.5 user, I can't access features that are readily available to iPhone owners. Well done Microsoft for already alienating those of us who bought Windows Phones and tried to make it a success :/

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't get it... MS drop all support for us, yet readily support other platforms better than us... Are they trying to make their phone OS fail? I'm still sticking it out for now but if MS don't change things I may move to a Nexus phone...

palfor03

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Windows 7.8 will have the new lock screen and start screen as well as a bunch of other wp8 features, worth it to me.

Don't get the nexus 4. They had to bench mark it n a freezer because it heats up and slows down as the quadcore isn't working right...

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Gerardo Credes

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I will never buy another windows phone

I think MS acts like they own the market like with Windows PC. They think there is no competition around. I bought my WP a year ago and I regret that decision. We should receive WP8 upgrade. 7.8 is already an insult, the delay is another one, other phones receive upgrade with new OS almost every year and has 7 times more apps.

Actually, tablets and phones working together are better with other companies.

palfor03

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I think MS acts like they own the market like with Windows PC. They think there is no competition around. I bought my WP a year ago and I regret that decision. We should receive WP8 upgrade. 7.8 is already an insult, the delay is another one, other phones receive upgrade with new OS almost every year and has 7 times more apps.

Actually, tablets and phones working together are better with other companies.
don't go to android then cause its pretty similar.

Its a competitive market bro.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss