Windows 8 is a winner.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have used all the consumer previews, developer previews and release previews. I read the tech blogs. I read how Windows 8 was bashed only because it doesn't have a facebook or twitter app. No one mentioned how lovely these live tiles, notifications are.

I've used mine for only 2 hours - I haven't touched my desktop mode even once!

Final product is way more polished than any of the RC Windows ever made. Heck, even Windows XP RC and Final version didn't have much difference. Windows 8 does.

I know how stuff did not work before in RC and now all those things are simply working! I know these ?25 bucks are the best spent of my life with Microsoft and it is totally a worthy upgrade. If you are in two minds, don't be. Your life actually comes to you while you use and do stuff on even your old Dell Vostro!

I'm swayed by this product more than any other MSFT product.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I became skeptical with the performance of IE10 and the whole social stuff in customer preview. But all I can say is, it works better than my WP7 Tango!

IE10 is what I'm using to write this reply and it is out of the box. Can't see a single ad around this window and it feels good.

It's fast, it's beautiful - that's all I need to say really.

Do you know the upgrade is currently much cheaper than normal right? ?25 or $40. I have a feeling this is one of the cheapest upgrades for such a massive OS leap. I could be wrong because I've always got a new hardware for new OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos